Mulberry compote is a delicious refreshing drink of rich color. It is prepared quickly and easily. Compote can be used freshly brewed or prepare it for the winter. Thanks to the anti-inflammatory and tonic effect that mulberry has, the drink is an excellent prevention of colds.
Is it possible to cook mulberry compote
Mulberry berries can be red, dark filotheic or white. Dark mulberry has a pronounced aroma. White varieties are distinguished by sweetness.
Jam and compotes are made from mulberry trees. Berries are used as a filling for baking. The drink is better to cook from dark mulberry varieties, so it will have a rich color and bright taste. The most delicious compote is obtained from freshly picked berries. Mulberry gentle, so it is washed, laid out in a colander or sieve.
Compote is rolled up both with sterilization, and without it.
The benefits of the drink
Mulberries are rich in iron, magnesium, potassium and vitamins A, B, C. This is a natural way to increase the protective functions of the body. Regular consumption of fresh mulberry, as well as drinks from it, increases resistance to many diseases.
The benefits of mulberry are expressed in the following positive properties:
- Excellent anti-inflammatory agent. Juice berries are used as prophylaxis and for the treatment of respiratory diseases.
- It has mild laxative and diuretic effects, therefore, mulberry is recommended to be introduced into the diet of people suffering from gastrointestinal tract pathologies and kidneys.
- Favorably affects the central nervous system. Regular consumption of berries will help to cope with nervous disorders, stress and depressive states.
- Natural remedy to combat sleep disorders.
Recipes of mulberry compote for the winter
Recipes of mulberry compotes with photos for every taste are presented below.
Classic recipe of black mulberry compote for winter
- 400 g of fine sugar;
- 1 liter of 500 ml of filtered water;
- 1 kg of mulberry.
- Mulberry is sorted out. Damaged and dented fruits are removed, the rest are placed in a colander and washed, immersed in clean water.
- Liter cans are carefully washed with soda solution. Rinse and sterilize in any convenient way. The lids are washed and boiled for three minutes.
- Berries are laid out on the banks. Cook the syrup out of water and sugar, pour mulberry over it. Cover with lids.
- The containers are placed in a wide saucepan with hot water and sterilized at a temperature of 90 ° C for 20 minutes. They are removed and immediately rolled up with a special key. Turn, cover with a warm blanket and leave to cool completely.
Mulberry compote for the winter without sterilization
- 400 g of white sugar;
- 1 liter of 700 ml of purified water;
- 1 kg of dark mulberry.
- Mulberry to sort, leaving only whole berries with no signs of damage and rot. Put in a colander and rinse under cold water. Leave to excess liquid glass. Tails tear off.
- Prepare jars with lids, be sure to sterilize them.
- Pour water into a saucepan, add sugar and boil the syrup, stirring constantly, until the grains dissolve.
- Put in boiling syrup berries and cook for a quarter of an hour on low heat. Compote hot pour into banks, filling them to the top. Immediately hermetically cork. Leave until cool, turning and wrapping a warm blanket.
- 2 l of 500 ml of purified water;
- 400 g of fine sugar;
- 900 g of mulberry berries.
- Mulberry sorted. Berries with signs of rot and insect damage are removed. Washed, gently immersed in water. The tails are torn off.
- 3-liter cans are washed with soda solution and treated over steam.
- Place the berries in a container. Syrup is made from granulated sugar and water, and mulberry is poured over them. Cover with lids and leave to warm up for 20 minutes. The liquid is drained into the pan using a lid with holes. Put it on the fire and boil for 3 minutes.
- The berries are poured over with boiling syrup, filling the container up to the neck. Hermetically sealed with a zakatochny key and cool, turning upside down and wrapped in a blanket.
Compote from mulberry and currant
- 150 g fine crystalline sugar;
- 1/3 kg of large mulberry;
- 150 g of red currant;
- 3 g of citric acid;
- 1.5 liters of filtered water.
- The berries of mulberry and currant to sort, put in a colander and rinse under running water. When all the liquid is drained, spread the mulberry into sterilized jars, filling them in half the volume.
- Boil water in the kettle. Pour the contents of the containers, cover them and leave to infuse for 15 minutes.
- Drain the water using a lid with holes in a saucepan, combine with citric acid and sugar and bring to a boil. Pour the hot liquid on the banks with berries and quickly roll up. Leave until full cooling, warmly wrapped.
Cherry and mulberry compote
- 600 g of light mulberry;
- 4 tbsp. fine sugar;
- 400 g ripe cherries.
- Go through the berries, selecting only large ones, not damaged by rot and not crumpled. Rinse under running water. Cut the stalks of cherries and mulberries.
- Two three-liter jars to wash and sterilize over steam. Boil tin lids for 3 minutes and lay the inside up on a clean towel.
- Spread the berries evenly over the prepared glass containers. Boil water in the kettle and pour the contents of the cans into it, filling them under the neck. Cover with lids and leave for 10 minutes.
- Carefully, without touching the inside, remove the covers from the cans. Put on the nylon with holes and drain the liquid in the pan. Put it on intense fire. Pour sugar into boiling berry broth and cook from the moment of boiling up for 3 minutes, stirring constantly, so that all sugar crystals are dissolved.
- Boiling syrup pour over the banks so that it reaches the neck. Cover with lids and hermetically roll a special key. Flip the cans and wrap up heat. Leave in this position until cooled.
Compote from mulberry for the winter with strawberries
- 1 liter of 200 ml of filtered water;
- 300 grams of mulberry;
- 300 g of fine sugar;
- 300 g strawberries.
- Strawberries and mulberry bust. Crumpled, overripe and damaged by pests will remove. Rinse gently by immersing the berries in cold water. Wait until all the liquid is drained. Break the sepals.
- Wash one-liter jars with soda solution. Rinse with hot water. Sterilize with covers.
- Prepared containers fill half the strawberries and mulberries.
- Prepare syrup from sugar and water. Pour the name of the berries in the banks. Cover with lids. Place containers in a wide saucepan, bedding on the bottom of a towel. Pour in hot water so that its level reaches the shoulders of the cans. Sterilize at low boil for 20 minutes. Hermetically roll covers. Turn and warm with a blanket. Leave for a day.
Mulberry citrus compote for winter
- 5 liters of purified water;
- 1 large orange;
- 800 grams of granulated sugar;
- 1 kg of dark mulberry;
- 10 g citric acid.
- Boiling water is poured into a bowl and an orange is dipped in it. After 3 minutes, remove it and wipe it thoroughly.
- Moved mulberry washed, tails removed.
- Orange cut washers in a width of not less than 7 mm.
- In sterilized dry jars lay circles of oranges and a pound of mulberry. Capacity on the very throat pour boiling water, cover with lids and incubated for 10 minutes.
- Infusion gently poured into the pan. Banks cover with lids. Sugar is poured into the liquid and citric acid is added. Boil for 2 minutes, poured into banks and hermetically rolled. Leave to cool down completely under the blanket.
Dried Mulberry Compote
- 300 g of fine sugar;
- ½ kg of dried mulberries.
- In a saucepan, boil three liters of purified water.
- Pour the sugar into the liquid and add dried mulberries.
- Cook for about half an hour on moderate heat. Strain the cooled drink and serve. Compote for this recipe can be cooked in a slow cooker.
Recipe mulberry compote for winter with apples
- 700 g of fine sugar;
- 200 g sea buckthorn;
- 200 g apples;
- 300 grams of mulberry.
- Sea buckthorn is sorted, separated from the branch, and washed under running water.
- Mulberry to sort, put in a colander, rinse and dry.
- Put the mulberry and sea buckthorn on the bottom of the sterile jar. Pour the berries with boiling water to the level of the shoulders. Cover and let stand for half an hour.
- Drain the infusion into the pot, cover the jar with a lid. Boil the liquid, pour the sugar in a thin stream, stirring constantly. Bring to a boil, twist the fire.
- Wash the apples. Peel, chop and remove the core. Add to jar. Pour boiling syrup over everything and roll up the lids. Cool under a warm blanket.
Terms and conditions of storage
Compote stored in a cool dark room. Ideal for this suitable pantry or basement. Subject to all the rules of cooking billet suitable for use for two years.
Mulberry compote is a natural and tasty way to keep the body in good shape during the winter period of time. You can experiment by combining mulberry with other berries and fruits.