Frozen honey agaric - a great way to make preparations for the winter. Since mushrooms can be frozen, not only in raw form, but also after heat treatment, the choice of dishes in which you can apply them becomes wider.
Is it possible to freeze the mushrooms for the winter at home
It is not just possible to freeze the mushrooms in the winter, but it is very necessary, since they are a source of beneficial substances for the body. However, their composition is very diverse, and in order to preserve the beneficial trace elements contained in them (such as iron, copper, zinc and magnesium), freezing should be carried out correctly. When choosing a method of preparation, you need to immediately decide on which dishes the mushrooms will be used for, since depending on the chosen method, their consistency will be different.
So, frozen mushrooms can be used for cooking a variety of:
- toppings for the pie;
- and much more.
In fact, correctly frozen mushrooms have the same properties as fresh ones, only you can eat them not only during the season, but throughout the year.
Collection, cleaning and sorting again
When collecting it is important to remember that in addition to the delicious and healthy mushrooms, there are "false mushrooms" that are poisonous (or simply inedible). Therefore, the main rule when collecting or buying it again is: "Not sure - do not take it."
After collecting it is time to clean. Preliminary cleaning is advisable to do in the forest - remove the ground, needles and small leaves, throw out wormy or rotten copies.
Whether to wash mushrooms for freezing or not depends on how they will be frozen.
Another important point in the preparation of the experience of freezing is sorting. Apart from the fact that you need to select the maximum whole mushrooms (not beaten, not beginning to deteriorate, not eaten by worms, etc.), it is most convenient to sort them out by size - large to large, small to small, to further simplify the cooking process.
How can I freeze the mushrooms
Mushrooms are suitable for freezing in varying degrees (and different forms) of readiness. So, they can be frozen:
When choosing a method, it is necessary to take into account not only its convenience, but also the further purpose of the blank.
Preparation experience for freezing
The preparation process strongly depends on the method chosen to freeze the mushrooms, since each method has its own characteristics.
The first stages of preparation - the collection and sorting by size are the same for all methods. Differences begin at the stage of cleaning, while the initial cleaning is quite versatile and consists in removing visible dirt from the surface of the fungus. But you can not wash the mushrooms in all cases:
- If mushrooms are intended for freezing raw (or drying), then they can not be washed; dry dirt is removed with a knife or cloth. In that case, if you can not do without washing, you can quickly rinse them in running water, and thoroughly dry them before freezing.
- If the mushrooms are subsequently boiled or roasted, they should be soaked in cold water for a short time in order to get rid of fine dirt, and only then rinse under tap water.
Another question - is it necessary to cut large mushrooms? When frozen, it is not necessary to cut them raw, but when cooking or roasting it is worth cutting them into pieces of the same size. In addition, you need to remember that freezing should be carried out as quickly as possible, not leaving for a few days.
How to freeze fresh mushrooms for the winter
Fresh honey mushrooms are good because they retain their appearance and texture after freezing. They are elastic and keep their shape well, unlike the mushrooms that have been heat treated.
Freeze them like this:
- To clear of small rubbish in the dry way.
- Sort by size.
- Put on a cutting board, tray or tray and send to the freezer. Spread should be in one layer.
- Leave in the chamber for 2-3 hours.
- Arrange in packages.
Mushrooms frozen in this way can be used in cooking both the first and second courses, toppings for baking, salads, and just as an addition to the side dish.Important! Mushrooms can not be eaten raw. Previously frozen mushrooms must be either boiled, or otherwise subjected to heat treatment (fry or bake).
Frozen boiled mushrooms for the winter
The mushrooms boiled before freezing are convenient because they do not need to be specially processed during the defrosting process, but can be immediately started. They can be used in the preparation of soup or mushroom caviar.
How to cook mushrooms before freezing
Boil mushrooms before freezing in several ways. Before you start cooking, you need to keep in mind a few things:
- in the process of cooking mushrooms are greatly reduced in size;
- salt water is required for cooking;
- thoroughly rinse the mushrooms before cooking;
- the minimum cooking time is an hour, and better - 2 hours;
- since large specimens boil longer than small ones, the mushrooms must be sorted according to size.
How to cook mushrooms for freezing for the winter
Fully prepared mushrooms are considered when all specimens settle to the bottom of the pan. After cooking, they can be packaged for freezing, pre-allowing to dry. Unlike raw, it is not necessary to freeze boiled mushrooms in advance. They can be laid out both in bags and tightly closed plastic containers. Frozen boiled mushrooms are stored for up to six months.
Peeled mushrooms fall asleep in boiling water, cook for 10 minutes, periodically removing the foam. Then drain and pour fresh, salt again and cook for an hour, stirring slowly. After cooking, put in a colander and let the water drain, and the mushrooms dry out (you can get wet with napkins).
Put the mushrooms in a saucepan with cold salted water, put it on the fire and let it boil. After boiling and the appearance of the foam (the foam must be removed), boil for 3 minutes, drain the water and pour clean. Salt and continue to simmer for an hour. Then drain, allow to cool and then freeze.
Frozen boiled mushrooms for the winter
For freezing, you can use both food containers and packages for freezing (or regular cellophane). There are a few rules to remember when creating blanks:
- Choose mushrooms of the same size for easy cooking.
- Blanks are divided into small portions, because they can not be re-frozen.
- It is necessary to carefully remove excess moisture - for this you can shift the mushrooms in a colander, let the liquid drain, put on a towel and let it dry.
- Since even after the water has drained, mushrooms can still give juice, in storage tanks you need to leave some free space.
In some recipes, it is advised to pre-place the mushrooms on a tray and leave them in the freezer for 2-3 hours, and then pack them in packages, but in order to save time, this can be neglected - after defrosting, the result will look the same.
Freezing rules after blanching
Blanching is a short-term treatment of the product with hot water.
There are several ways to blanch.
So it is possible:
- Put a colander with mushrooms in the sink and pour boiling water over them (easy way).
- Prepare two pots - one with cold water, the other - with salted - put on the fire and bring to a boil. Mushrooms are lowered into boiling water and allowed to boil for 2-3 minutes, then quickly transferred to a saucepan with cold water.
Mushrooms shift to a colander and leave, allowing excess fluid to drain. Cooled and dried mushrooms are laid out in bags (containers) and sent to the freezer.
How to freeze fried mushrooms
Frozen fried mushrooms can be used to prepare a stew or as a side dish. Frying time, as a rule, does not exceed 20 minutes.
Roast them like this:
- Wash dried mushrooms thoroughly.
- Preheat pan and, without adding oil, pour mushrooms on it.
- Fry until juice goes.
- Add butter, fry until golden brown.
- Pour into a colander and let drain.
- Cooled up mushrooms are packaged and sent to the freezer.
How to freeze stewed mushrooms for the winter
The process of extinguishing mushrooms for the winter is very similar to frying:
- Washed mushrooms are allowed to dry, send them to a hot frying pan without oil and salt.
- After the juice goes, cover the pan with a lid and stew for 20-25 minutes. If the juice boils heavily, you can add boiled water.
- Then you need to drain the juice and decompose the cooled mushrooms in containers.
Frozen mushroom caviar of mushrooms
Since such caviar is made from previously boiled mushrooms, it can be subjected to freezing. The peculiarity of preparing caviar from mushrooms is that after freezing it requires additional processing.
Caviar is prepared as follows:
- The mushrooms are soaked in salt water, washed and cleaned.
- Cook in any convenient way until cooked.
- They put it in a colander, let the water drain, and then grind it in any convenient way - in a meat grinder, blender or using a combine.
- Crushed caviar is Packed in bags or containers and sent to the freezer.
- To defrost, you will need to do the following: spread frozen food on a heated pan, add half a cup of water and wait until the caviar starts to thaw. After the liquid begins to evaporate, add spices to taste, cover the pan with a lid and stew until the final evaporation of water.
How to cook frozen mushrooms
Frozen mushrooms is a tasty and healthy product. But in order to please your loved ones with an appetizing dish, you need to know the recipes and the subtleties of cooking.
In which dishes you can add frozen mushrooms
As mentioned earlier, from frozen mushrooms it is possible to prepare the same dishes as fresh ones, especially if the freezing took place raw. You can make a stew or a side dish from fried or stewed ones, and boiled ones can be used as a filling or an ingredient for salad, or a basis for mushroom soup.
How to use frozen mushrooms
Mushrooms should be thawed gradually, at room temperature; use for this stream of hot water or a microwave can not. But this applies only to pre-cooked mushrooms, but raw ones can be boiled or fried at once - they will be thawed in the process. Obligatory heat treatment requires raw mushrooms, but boiled, fried or stewed, it is optional. In soups, you can add them without pre-treatment.
Raw mushrooms need to boil or fry before eating.
How many frozen raw mushrooms are cooked
The whole process of boiling mushrooms takes 20-30 minutes depending on their size and quantity. If the mushrooms were originally designed for frying, they can be boiled beforehand, or immediately, without defrosting, sent to the frying pan.
The storage time of frozen mushrooms
The shelf life depends on the form in which the product was frozen:
- in cheese - up to 6 months;
- in boiled - up to a year;
- fried - up to a year;
- in the form of caviar - up to 6 months.
A few tips on freezing and storing mushrooms
In order not only freezing, but also defrosting of mushrooms passed without problems, it is worth remembering a few things:
- For freezing it is necessary to use only fresh and whole mushrooms.
- Mushrooms do not tolerate repeated freezing.
- Remove excess liquid before freezing.
- For convenience, it is better to pack up in small portions.
- In order not to miss the end of the expiration date, it is necessary to sign on the packages and containers not only the date of packaging, but also the form in which the mushrooms are frozen - boiled, fried, cheese.
- You do not need to completely fill the container or package when packing - mushrooms can make juice, and it will need free space.
Freezing again - simple action, but in order to succeed, requires attentiveness and accuracy. The main advantages of frozen mushrooms are easy storage and preservation of taste and nutrients.