Cherry pouring in Russia is not as popular as the drink from her closest relative - the cherry. Indeed, until recently, sweet cherry was considered an exclusively southern tree. Another reason is lack of acid and contrast.
Is it possible to make cherry liqueur?
Many even doubt whether it is possible to make a delicious liqueur from cherries. But in the same Europe, cherry liquors are very popular, and in some Mediterranean countries they have been producing cherries for a long time. But the liqueurs are not so far from the liqueurs: they may be a little sweeter, but the technology of preparation is practically no different from liqueurs infused with strong alcohol.
As for the prevalence of sweet cherries in Russia, Yuri Dolgoruky began to plant the first cherry orchards on the territory of modern Moscow. And at the level of the development of breeding today, getting quite good harvests of this berry in the middle lane and making from it, among other things, tasty liqueurs - a couple of trivia.
Secrets of making cherry liqueurs at home
In ancient times, the liqueurs were made exclusively from fruits and berries by the method of natural fermentation. Subsequently, the drink often began to fix the addition of vodka or alcohol. Currently, there are two main options for the preparation of sweet cherry juice:
- by insisting on strong alcoholic beverages;
- without the addition of alcohol-containing liquids, by the method of natural fermentation.
The latter are characterized by a milder taste, but have a small strength (no more than 12%).
Sweet cherries need to choose fully ripe, but without traces of rot and various stains. The color of the berries is important only in the manufacture of liqueurs on alcohol or vodka, since lighter varieties will not give such a saturated color and flavor. For the manufacture of liqueurs using natural fermentation without alcohol, a variety of any color will do.
Most disputes flare up about whether to use whole berries with bones or better to remove the bones.Attention! The presence of seeds can add to the drink some almond notes, which for someone may be associated with a bitter aftertaste.
There are recipes for making liqueurs with stones, but their taste is for amateurs. Therefore, in most recipes, the bones are still removed from the cherries.
What can we insist on cherry juice?
There are a lot of alcoholic beverages, which can insist cherry liqueur:
Exotic alcoholic drinks are practically not used.
Cherry pouring on vodka
This is perhaps the most common option for making fragrant and tasty cherries from a moderate strength cherry tree.
- 1 kg of berries;
- 500 g of sugar;
- 2 liters of vodka.
- It is advisable to wash the berries, remove the bones and stalks, and place the flesh in a glass jar.
- Pour the prescribed amount of vodka, cork tightly and place in a warm and dark place.
- Shake the drink for 10 days once a day.
- After this time, the drink is filtered through cheesecloth, squeezed the pulp and put it back into the glass container.
- They are covered with sugar, covered with a lid and again placed in a warm place (from 18 to 25 ° C) for a week with daily shaking of the contents.
- Strain the liquid while stored in a separate hermetically sealed bottle in the refrigerator.
- After a week of infusion of berry pulp with sugar, again filter the resulting juice through several layers of gauze and add it to the liqueur stored in the refrigerator.
- At this stage, you can try the drink and add sugar if you wish.
- The pouring is bottled, hermetically sealed with stoppers and stored in a dark place with a temperature of not more than 10-16 ° C for about 3-4 months. Such an extract can significantly improve the taste of liqueur. Its fortress turns out about 29-32 degrees.
Sweet cherry pouring on alcohol
You can replace vodka with alcohol. To obtain the required concentration, it is necessary to dilute 1 liter of 95% alcohol in 1.375 l of water.
The cooking process is the same.
Cherry pouring on moonshine
Instead of vodka, you can take your own brew and act on the same recipe. It is only necessary to have an idea about the strength of moonshine in order to use its smaller or larger quantity if necessary.
Cherry pouring on cognac
The drink made according to this recipe can surprise even true gourmets with its taste, color and aroma.
- 500 ml of cognac (it is possible not the best quality);
- 600 grams of sweet cherries;
- 50 grams of sugar;
- spices to taste (cinnamon, cloves, cumin).
- Rinse berries, chop with a toothpick or a needle to extract the juice and place in a glass jar.
- Add spices to it.
- Fry the sugar in a dry skillet without oil, stirring all the time, then add to the same jar.
- Pour brandy, which should cover up all the berries.
- Mix the contents of the jar, cover tightly and place in a dark, warm place for 2 months.
- Filtered finished liqueur through gauze, bottled and stored.
Pouring from a cherry without vodka and alcohol
In a similar way, our great-grandfathers prepared liqueurs when strong liquor was a rarity. The pouring is obtained as a result of the natural fermentation of fructose from sweet cherry juice and sugar, added according to the recipe, and is a bit like wine.Important! It is advisable not to wash the sweet cherry in order to use wild yeast on the surface of its berries.
- 2 kg of berries;
- 800 g of sugar;
- 250 ml of water.
It is also necessary to prepare a sterilized three-liter dry can and water seal. Instead, you can use an ordinary medical glove, puncturing a needle in one of her fingers with a hole.
- Berries free from seeds.
- About 200 g of sugar are poured into the bottom of the jar, after which cherries and the remaining sugar are added in layers.
- All poured water.
- On the bank install a cover with a water seal or wear a glove, which is tightly fixed with an elastic band with tape.
- The jar is placed in a warm and dark place for fermentation. Usually this process lasts from 25 to 40 days. You can track it as a glove: at first it will swell and rise, after the process is completed, it will deflate and fall.
- At this point, you should strain the pouring, using cheesecloth, completely squeeze the pulp and pour into bottles, hermetically closing them.
- To stand in a cool place for about 2-4 months to improve the taste.
Of course, the liqueur is much less than when using the alcohol component (about 1 liter), but it has a more saturated flavor. The strength of the drink is about 10-12%.
The recipe for homemade cherry liqueur with honey
This recipe produces a fairly strong, but tasty, slightly tart drink.
- 1 kg of berries;
- 750 ml of vodka;
- 1 l of alcohol;
- 1 l of honey;
- 1 g of vanilla, cloves, cinnamon.
- Washed and freed from pits and twigs, sweet cherries are put in a glass jar, spices are added and poured with alcohol.
- Insist 4 weeks in the sun.
- Filter the drink, put it for temporary storage in the refrigerator, and pour the rest of the flesh with honey, cover with gauze and place again in the sun for 4 weeks.
- Honey syrup is carefully pressed, mixed with the original infusion and kept for a day in a dark place.
- After a day, the pouring is passed through a filter, bottled and sent to infuse for 3-4 months in a cool place.
Sweet cherry pouring with stones
This recipe is considered to be quite simple, because it does not provide for the separation of stones from the cherry, therefore, the most common. Drink thanks to the bones acquires a light almond flavor.
- 1 liter of vodka or moonshine;
- 1 kg of fruit with stones (better than dark flowers);
- 300 grams of sugar.
When changing the amount of one of the ingredients, it is important to maintain a total proportion of 1: 1: 0.3.
- Berries are laid in a jar.
- Vodka is thoroughly mixed with sugar.
- Sweet vodka is poured over a sweet cherry in a jar, covered with a nylon cap and placed on a sunny window.
- The bank needs to shake a little every 2-3 days.
- After two weeks, the pouring is filtered through gauze and poured into bottles.
Tincture of berries and leaves of sweet cherry
Cherry leaves are used in this recipe, which will add extra herbal flavor to the brandy.
- 50 dark cherry berries;
- about 200 cherry leaves;
- 1 liter of vodka;
- 1.5 kg of sugar;
- 1 l of boiled water;
- 1.5 tsp. citric acid.
- The leaves and berries are washed, half of the berries are extracted bones.
- Fill with water and boil on low heat for 15 minutes.
- Broth filter.
- Sugar and citric acid are added to it and boiled over low heat for about 10 minutes.
- After cooling, vodka is added to the syrup, everything is well mixed and the resulting liqueur is poured into glass containers with sealed lids.
Insist drink in a cool dark place for about 20 days.
How to make liqueur from frozen cherries
Since the sweet cherry is a seasonal berry, ripening at the beginning of summer, it can be frozen to make pouring at any time of the year. The drink made from frozen berries is practically no different from the traditional one. It is necessary only to defrost the berries at room temperature, spreading them on a flat surface, such as a baking sheet, in one layer.
To remove excess moisture from thawed berries, it is recommended to put a baking tray with berries in the oven at a low temperature (70 ° C) for 4-5 hours. After that, prepare the liqueur for any recipe.
A simple and quick recipe for cherry liqueurs
There is an old recipe for making cherry liqueurs literally in one day. True, the conditions of a “cooling Russian stove” are best suited for this with maintaining a constant temperature in the region of 60-70 ° C. If the oven is able to support such a regime, then you can use it.
- 1 kg of cherries pour 2 liters of vodka.
- Place the container with the future liqueur to languish at the above temperature in the oven or oven for a period of 12 to 24 hours. Pouring during this time becomes dark brown.
- It is filtered, add 500 g of sugar and poured into bottles.
You can use it immediately, but after insisting it will improve its taste.
How to make a pouring of yellow cherry
Yellow sweet cherry has a more intense spicy taste than its sister, but most of all the replacement of the berry will affect the color of the finished drink. It will turn out an attractive golden hue.
- 730 g yellow sweet cherries;
- 365 ml of well-cleaned moonshine or vodka;
- 145 ml of water;
- 155 g sugar;
- cinnamon stick
- Bones are removed from the berries of a sweet cherry, and the flesh is gently kneaded to obtain juice.
- The juice is poured into a separate container, and the berries are poured with moonshine.
- From the juice, warm water and sugar, syrup is prepared and combined with berries, poured with moonshine.
- There also add cinnamon sticks.
- In a dark, cool place pouring insist for at least 10 days, then carefully filtered to remove berries and cinnamon.
- The finished drink is bottled and sealed tightly.
Red Cherry Liqueur Recipe
Red sweet cherry is often called still pink. To get a more versatile drink from it, it is advisable to insist on a mixture of vodka and brandy.
- 620 ml of vodka;
- 235 ml brandy;
- 730 g of red sweet cherries;
- 230 g sugar.
Berries are recommended to slightly incise or chop, but the bones do not remove.
- Brandy and vodka are thoroughly mixed with sugar until it is completely dissolved.
- Fill the berries with this cherry with this mixture and tightly close the container. The drink should be infused in the dark and cool for about a month. The first two weeks it is necessary to shake it once a day.
- A month later, the drink is filtered and poured into hermetically sealed bottles. The berries are removed.
White cherry pouring
But white cherry is perfectly combined in its taste and color with rum.
- 1 kg sweet cherry;
- 50 ml of alcohol with 95% alcohol;
- 500 ml of white rum;
- 150 ml of honey;
- a bag of vanilla;
- 5 buds carnation.
- Washed and pitted cherries are poured with honey and vanilla and cloves are added.
- The jar is tightly closed and left for 24 hours in the room.
- Alcohol and rum are added to the contents, they are sealed tightly and left in a cool place without light for at least 3 months.
- After infusion, the filtering is filtered, the berries are pressed and left for 3-4 days to separate the precipitate.
- After the required period of time, the pouring is drained from the sediment, filtered through a filter and bottled.
- Insist whenever possible 3 more months.
Sweet Cherry with Nutmeg
- 1 kg of berries is slightly kneaded before extracting the juice, but the bones are not removed.
- Put in a glass jar and leave for 3 days at room temperature without light.
- To the berries add 1 g of cinnamon and nutmeg, 250 g of sugar and all poured 400 ml of vodka.
- The mixture is shaken and insisted in the same place for another 7 days.
- Prepare sugar syrup from 50 ml of water and 100 g of sugar, cool.
- This liqueur is filtered, sugar syrup is added to it and the drink is passed through the filter.
- The finished drink is poured into glass containers and placed in storage.
Sweet cherry pouring on red wine
Infused with this recipe on vodka, and red wine is added to create a brighter flavor bouquet.
- 0.5 kg of sweet cherries with stones are slightly kneaded with a wooden spoon and 300 g of sugar, half of cinnamon sticks, 9 peeled kernels of almonds, 2 pieces of cloves, and grated zest from a half orange are added.
- They put everything in a glass container, pour 700 ml of vodka or 40-50% alcohol, cover with a lid and place for 6 weeks in a cool place without light for periodic shaking.
- At the next stage, the drink is filtered, the berries and spices are squeezed and removed, but then 500 ml of dry red wine is added to it. Then insist about another month.
Original recipe for liqueur-like cherry liqueurs
- 1 liter of 70% alcohol;
- 800 g of a mixture of red and yellow sweet cherries;
- 250 grams of dry red wine;
- 500 ml of sugar syrup (dissolve 300 g of sugar in 200 ml of water);
- 5 buds of carnations;
- 5 g ground cinnamon or 1 cinnamon stick;
- zest with 1 lemon.
As in the previous recipe, insist the berries with spices on alcohol for 3-4 weeks. Then filtered, add sugar syrup and red wine, mix. Bottled and insisted again for at least 3 weeks.
Cherry liqueur at home
Liquor is prepared according to the recipe, very similar to the manufacture of liqueur. After all, these drinks have a lot in common.
The first stage of cooking:
- To 1 kg of berries add 500 grams of sweet cherry sugar, 1 tsp. vanilla sugar, 3 leaves of sweet cherry, 4 buds of cloves, a pinch of cinnamon and ground nutmeg.
- A jar of berries and spices is covered with a lid and kept for about 8-10 days in the sun.
- It must be shaken with all its contents daily.
The second stage of cooking:
- 400 ml of high-quality vodka are poured into the jar.
- Liqueur insist another 4 weeks.
- The contents are filtered and bottled.
The drink is ready.Comment! Liquor can be served with ice cubes, add to cocktails, coffee, use for impregnation of pastry dishes.
Cherry and Cherry Liqueur Recipe
The liqueur liqueur is made from equal parts of cherries and sweet cherries according to the same recipe.
All the ingredients are taken in the same quantities (500 g of sweet cherries and 500 g of cherries), only the amount of sugar is slightly increased - to 700-800 g.
The taste of the liqueur by adding cherries is more saturated.
Cherry brandy made from sweet cherry with oak chips and cinnamon
The pouring made according to this recipe can remind cognac in its taste.
For her, you can use the cherry of any color and even a mixture of varieties.
- 1 kg of sweet cherries gently crumple up the juice in jars and, covered with gauze, put in a warm place for 3 days. During this time, the liquid must ferment.
- Add 250 g of sugar, 3 g of cinnamon and nutmeg and mix well.
- Pour 500 ml of vodka.
- All are well shaken and placed, with the lid closed, in the dark at a temperature of 21-24 ° C for 2-3 weeks.
- When a well-defined sediment appears on the bottom, pour the pouring into a clean container and filter if necessary.
- Pour into bottles, placing in each 2 fresh oak chips.
- Bottles tightly closed and sent to insist 2 months in a cool place with a temperature of 16 ° C.
It may be necessary to strain it again before use.
Pouring cherries, blueberries and apples: tincture on cognac
This drink is able to surprise and delight even fine connoisseurs and connoisseurs of alcohol.
- 800 grams of sweet cherries;
- 50 g fresh bilberries;
- 50 grams of sweet grated apples;
- 700 ml of cognac;
- 50 grams of brown (unrefined) sugar melted in a dry frying pan;
- spices to taste (cinnamon, cloves, cumin).
- Washed berries prick in several places for the formation of juice.
- Load them in a jar, add blueberries and apples, preferably peeled.
- Add spices and pour brandy so that it completely covers the berries.
- Tightly sealed and insist warm and dark for 2 months.
- Filter the finished drink through the filter and, bottled, put in storage.
Terms and conditions of storage cherry juice
Most of the liqueurs described in this article can be stored in cool and dark conditions for up to 5 years.
Before use, it is worth checking whether a precipitate has appeared, and if necessary, further filter the finished liqueur.
The article presents a variety of recipes for pouring cherry from all varieties with all sorts of additives: spices, leaves, wine.