Fans of preparing various tinctures and liqueurs at home will appreciate the cloudberry liqueur. In cooking, it is simple, and as for taste, even very subtle connoisseurs will appreciate them.
Secrets of cooking cloudberry liqueur at home
Cloudberry liqueur helps in the prevention and treatment of a large number of diseases. In addition to the huge amount of vitamins and nutrients, benzoic acid is present in cloudberries, which is a natural preservative. This allows the home liqueur to be stored for a long time, without changing the taste and without losing its valuable qualities.
One of the secrets of making alcoholic drinks from cloudberries is the right choice of raw materials. Cloudberries must be sufficiently mature. If you take too green berry, then it will spoil the taste, and too ripe can include spoiled copies.
Before you start preparing the drink, the berries need to sort out and remove all the damaged specimens, as well as too green and having signs of disease.
The second essential ingredient is vodka. It must be of high quality. You should not take a cheap drink, because it can spoil the taste and quality of the final liqueur.
Cloudberry liqueur: Finnish recipe with honey
Finns consider cloudberry a delicacy and therefore add it to the most exquisite dishes. Therefore, the Finnish cloudberry recipe with honey will delight the taste of the most fastidious connoisseurs of high-quality alcohol.
The ingredients of the Finnish recipe are:
- cloudberries, fresh or frozen - 300 g;
- half a liter of high quality vodka;
- 400 g of honey;
- 200 ml of drinking water, the best option - purified.
The recipe for making a drink from the suggested ingredients does not look complicated:
- Berry to wash and grind in mashed potatoes.
- Mix with vodka in a container for infusion.
- Cover and define in a dark and warm place.
- Insist 10 days.
- Honey and water mix in a small container and put on fire.
- Bring to a boil, remove the foam and keep on low heat.
- Remove the syrup and cool to room temperature.
- Pour directly into the tincture.
- Cover the container tightly with a lid and put on for another 15 days, while the bottle should be shaken every day.
- After 15 days, strain the tincture and bottle it in which it will be stored.
After a time, a slight precipitate may form at the bottom - this corresponds to the preparation technology. The resulting drink has a fortress of about 25% and has a pleasant aroma of honey and cloudberries.
Classic cloudberry liqueur recipe
The classic recipe does not involve the addition of honey, and it uses a little more water. Otherwise, it is similar to the Finnish tincture of honey. The components used are as follows:
- cloudberry - 600 g;
- liter of vodka;
- a pound of sugar;
- half a liter of clean drinking water.
This is quite enough to prepare a classic cloudberry tincture. The algorithm of actions is as follows:
- Rinse and sort berries, separating spoiled and crumpled specimens.
- Grind using a blender or in any way possible.
- Put mashed potatoes in a glass bottle and add vodka.
- Insist 10 days in a dark, but warm place.
- Prepare sugar syrup.
- Cool syrup naturally and then pour in the tincture.
- Insist another 14 days, while regularly shaking the contents of the bottle.
- Strain and pour into glass containers.
- Put in a cool place.
Such a drink can be stored for about 5 years, if you do not take it to heat. This cloudberry liqueur at home can please even the most spoiled guests, especially on winter evenings, when it’s cold and snowy outside the window. It does not matter if they drink it in pure form or add it to coffee or dessert.
How to make cloudberry liqueur on honey and brandy
In addition to vodka, brandy can also serve as a basis for tinctures. It will give the drink from the northern berries a unique woody flavor. Cognac is desirable to take high-quality and seasoned. Then the tincture will acquire both flavor, and taste, and strength.
Ingredients for the recipe:
- half a liter of brandy;
- berry -300 g;
- 400 g of honey;
- 200 ml of water.
Tincture preparation algorithm:
- To wash and sort out the raw materials, and then grind it into puree.
- Put in a glass dish and pour brandy.
- Put at room temperature in a dark place for 10 days.
- After 10 days add honey and water.
- Insist another 2 weeks.
- After 14 days, strain and bottle.
- Store in a cool place, for example, in the basement or cellar.
Fortress gets up to 33%, but the taste is quite mild to drink with pleasure.
With what to drink cloudberry liqueur
Due to its pleasant taste, cloudberry liqueur is perfectly used both as a dessert drink and as a digestif.
For those who like composite cocktails, you should pay attention to the mixture of cloudberry liqueur with dark rum and cocoa.
Serve cloudberry liqueur is recommended chilled, not more than 18 ° C. As a snack for liquor, the best option is fruit and various desserts. An unforgettable taste will give a combination of cloudberry liqueur with white ice cream.
Experts recommend to use this drink slowly, in small sips, to feel the full taste and aroma of Finnish liqueur.
In Finland, very famous coffee "Lapponia" is a classic espresso with the addition of cloudberry liqueur.
Cloudberry liqueur is included in a number of elite drinks, but it is not difficult to prepare it at home. It is enough to have a little cloudberries and high-quality vodka or brandy. As a result, after only 25 days, a truly refined drink of golden color with a pleasant taste of an exotic northern berry will flaunt on the table. Vodka can be replaced with brandy, and sugar - with honey. This will give the liqueur an unforgettable soft taste and pleasant aroma. Such a drink can be stored for more than 5 years, while over time the taste will become even more noble.