Lingonberry is also called the berry of immortality. In ancient times, it was believed that lingonberry has a life-giving force that can cure from any disease. The recipe for wine from this berry was not disclosed, but passed down from generation to generation. To date, cranberry wine is valued as before. Let's find out how homemade wine is made from lingonberries.
Properties of homemade cranberry wine
Lingonberry really contains a large amount of vitamins and other beneficial substances. It is difficult to overestimate its impact on the human body. It is rich in vitamin A, B, C, E. It contains a large amount of beta-carotene, iron, magnesium, phosphorus and other minerals. In addition, cranberries boast a large amount of acid. For example, it contains malic, benzoic, salicylic and oxalic acid. Lingonberry is a powerful antioxidant that has a positive effect on the body.Attention! This berry is rich in natural sugars, namely glucose, fructose and sucrose.
If you regularly use cowberry drinks, you can significantly improve the body’s immunity and resistance to various infections. Berry has a positive effect on vision. And simply strengthens and tones the body. Such results are difficult to achieve with the help of medicines.
Homemade wine from this berry can be used externally for wound healing. Most importantly, all these properties are combined with excellent taste and aroma. Wine from this berry has a pleasant tart taste and light sourness. This is a great drink that will decorate any table.
A simple recipe for cranberry wine at home
For the preparation of a noble drink, we need:
- 2 kilograms of freshly picked cranberries;
- 4 liters of water;
- 1 kilogram of sugar.
- Lingonberry must be sorted out, throwing out all the spoiled and rotten berries.
- Then it is thoroughly crushed using a meat grinder or blender.
- In the berry mass pour two liters of water. This is necessary in order to reduce the acidity of the product.
- The resulting mixture is poured into any clean container. Then it is covered with gauze and left in a warm place for 7 days. During this time, the berry mass must ferment well.
- After a week, lingonberry should be filtered through cheesecloth, squeezing the berries well.
- Sugar is poured over 2 liters of water and mixed thoroughly until complete dissolution.
- Next, we get a bottle for wine and pour the fermented juice and sugar syrup there.
- Close the bottle tightly with a glove or water seal. It can be independently constructed from a plastic cap and tube. The other end of the tube is immersed in a jar of water to gradually release carbon dioxide, which will be released during the reaction. If you use a glove, then in one finger it is necessary to make a hole for the gas to exit.
- In this form, the bottle should be in a warm room for at least a month. At the end of this time, the fermentation will stop, and from the berry juice you will get a wonderful sweet and sour drink.
- Now you need to drain the wine. To do this, place the tube in the bottle, and put the other end into an empty container. It is necessary that the bottle of wine was a little higher than the prepared vessel. At the bottom should remain a layer of sediment.
- Then the finished wine is bottled and carried to a suitable storage room. It should be cool and preferably dark.
- This drink is a young wine, and only after another two months, we can assume that the wine is ready for use.
Such a lingonberry drink is a storehouse of vitamins and minerals. In winter, it will warm you on a cold evening, and on a holiday it will decorate the table and will delight guests. This wine has a beautiful pink color and alluring aroma. This is how the smell of taiga is felt, which creates an incredibly cozy atmosphere.
Fans of noble drinks must cook lingonberry wine. This drink differs from other wines in its tart taste and wonderful aroma. As mentioned above, it can strengthen the immune system and improve the overall condition of the body. The above recipe is quite easy and economical, especially if you pick the berries yourself.