A good potato variety should be tasty, productive, resistant to diseases and pests and not very late. All these requirements are fully met by Korolev Anna potato, probably, therefore, the variety is increasingly found in domestic gardens and cottages. The Germans brought Queen Anne to the Queen, while the variety was specially adapted to adverse conditions and difficult climates, made as productive and resistant as possible - all this is perfect for Russian gardeners.
Description of potato varieties Korolev Anna, characteristics and reviews about this potato can be found in this article. Here are brief recommendations on the cultivation and care of the crop.
The bushes of this potato are not too high, their stems are powerful, the leaves are large, with a small down. Potatoes are blooming with large white flowers. Fruits are oblong, large, with yellow skin and creamy pulp.
Detailed characteristics of the Korolev Anna variety:
- the ripening period is 80-85 days, which makes it possible to classify potatoes as mid-season varieties;
- extremely high yield - up to 450 centners per hectare of land;
- the weight of each tuber is, on average, 90 grams;
- average starch content - about 14%;
- the marketability of potatoes is estimated at 94%, that is, the tubers are excellent for sale;
- good keeping quality allows you to store crops until spring;
- the number of potatoes in the bush - from 6 to 16;
- the taste of the tubers is good, the potatoes do not boil soft, do not darken during the cooking process, are best suited for frying and cooking salads;
- the variety is immune to potato cancer, scab, viruses, moderately resistant to late blight;
- Anna is suitable for growing on almost any soil and in any part of Russia.
As you can see, Korolev Anna has many strengths, among them:
- high yield;
- excellent taste;
- good germination of planting material;
- friendly tying tubers;
- resistance to pests and diseases;
- long shelf life;
- suitability for transportation;
- high content of trace elements and vitamins.
How to grow potato variety Koroleva Anna
The most important thing that a gardener should do is plant the potatoes correctly in order to get a good harvest later. Planted tubers in the ground in most parts of the country taken in early May. By this time, the soil will warm up well and dry out.Attention! One of the secrets of growing potatoes of this variety is planting in a warm and slightly damp ground. If the soil is too wet, the tubers will not be able to "breathe" and the sprouting of the potato will stop.
In different regions of the country, suitable conditions for planting potatoes are created in different periods. On average, we can say that the best time for planting potato tubers is the third decade of April - the first half of May.
Potato Queen Anna prefers well-lit places. The site should not be stagnant water, it is better if this place is protected from strong wind. The soil is preferable loose, well breathable, quite nutritious.
If the composition of the soil does not meet these requirements, it can be improved. To this end, fertilizers, wood ash, peat, coarse river sand or lime are added to the ground.Tip! Potato beds are better located in the direction from north to south. This will allow the bushes to evenly illuminate the rays of the sun and warm.
Before planting, the tubers are sorted: as the planting material is most suitable medium-sized potatoes, the correct shape, without damage and rot. Then the potatoes need to warm up, for this the seeds are brought into the house or in another heated room. When the tubers germinate, they are slightly greened - kept under the direct rays of the sun.
Immediately before planting, Anna varieties can be processed with a growth stimulator - this will further increase the yield.
A phased description of the process of planting potatoes looks like this:
- Since autumn, the site for digging potatoes or plowed. Before this you need to scatter around the ground rotted manure or compost. In spring, the soil is additionally fertilized with nitrogen fertilizer.
- Now you need to dig holes or make the landing furrows. At the same time, it is important to leave at least 40 cm between the seats, because the variety Anna Koroleva is large and multiple fruit - there should be enough space for potatoes.
- No more than one potato is put into each well, otherwise the tubers will be tied up too much - they will not have enough space for normal development, which will result in shallowing potatoes.
- Immediately after planting, until the soil is dry and weathered, the holes are buried.
- From above it is recommended to mulch planting potatoes with peat. The thickness of the peat layer should be 2-3 cm.
How to care for planting German potatoes
Only competent and regular care can provide a decent harvest of potatoes. The Queen Anna potato variety is unpretentious, but minimal care is still necessary.
So, the whole care of potato beds is as follows:
- during the tying of tubers potatoes must be watered regularly and abundantly. The phase of the active formation of potatoes begins simultaneously with the flowering period of the bushes. It is at this time that potato plantations are watered at least once a week. It is better to use spray watering so as not to wash the roots and tubers.
- If on the bushes of potatoes to cut off all the flowers in time, this will significantly increase the size and quality of the tubers - the potatoes will develop better and faster.
- The roots of the potato varieties Anna German are close to the surface of the earth, so the bushes must spud. Earthen mounds will prevent the roots from drying out and sunburns. Spud potatoes need to be careful.
- Oxygen is very important for the development of the Queen Ana variety, so you need to regularly weed the beds, loosen the soil and remove weeds. This will help the air and water to easily penetrate under the bush.
- Three times per season, the Queen Anne variety must be fertilized. Fertilizers are applied during the period of green mass growth, during the formation of flower buds and at the stage of active flowering. If you correctly use mineral complexes or organic fertilizers, you can significantly increase the yield of potatoes and the size of tubers.
- Shrubs should be regularly inspected to detect disease or pest damage at an early stage. In such cases, take emergency measures: spraying potatoes and collecting insects.
Despite the early terms of ripening, potato varieties Queen Anna is well preserved. Only for this you need to provide suitable conditions: a constant low temperature and humidity at the level of 60-70%.
ReviewsAlexander, 58 years old, Tomsk. I planted many different varieties of potatoes at my summer cottage. In the first two years, as a rule, the harvest is always good, then the tubers become smaller, and they become much smaller. This year he planted several new varieties at once, among them was the German Queen Anne. I can say that this potato is unpretentious, resistant to diseases. Almost all the bushes by the end of the summer "mowed" phytophthora, but Anna remained green, as it was before. Probably due to the fact that the bushes were green for a long time, the tubers collected a large amount of starch. As a result, the excavated potatoes are perfectly boiled soft and are perfect for making mashed potatoes or cooking "in uniforms". The taste of tubers is good, moderately sweet, the flesh is dry, without excess water. Next year I will plant with my own seeds. I hope that Anna is not reborn soon, because we liked the variety. Vintage showing in the photo.
German selection potatoes created specifically for growing in the middle lane. Queen Anna can grow practically on any soils, but black soil, loam and sandstone, which allow air and moisture to pass, are most suitable for her. Care for the bushes almost do not need.
All that will be needed from a gardener is timely watering during the flowering period, removal of inflorescences, pest control. In response, Anna will award the host a bountiful harvest of large and very tasty tubers.