Cloudberry jam is a good source of vitamins and minerals, which is important for maintaining immunity, especially in the winter. The berry itself is nutritious and beneficial, its chemical composition and a large number of useful properties are impressive. A jar of cloudberries can turn an ordinary evening tea party into a real celebration.
Secrets of making jam and cloudberry confiture
Before you start making jam from cloudberries, you need to carefully examine all the subtleties and nuances of the recipe. Only by knowing the recommendations of experienced chefs and listening to them, you can get a delicious and healthy delicacy:
- For the preparation of delicacies you need to take high-quality ripe berries without the presence of mold and mechanical damage.
- The ratio of berries and sugar should be taken in a 1: 1 ratio, but a small error is allowed, which may depend on taste preferences.
- In the process of cooking, according to the recipe, jam should be constantly stirring so that it does not burn and it is advisable to use a wooden spoon for these purposes.
- Lay out a delicacy in jars should be hot, do not wait for it to cool, otherwise it will not flow evenly, but lie down in clots, forming air bubbles inside.
If you follow these simple secrets to create an exquisite dessert, everyone will be provided with true pleasure, especially in the winter cold, when the jam will be relevant as a natural energy drink to strengthen the immune system and energize.
Traditional cloudberry jam recipe
This jam according to the classic recipe will enrich your diet and serve as a delicious addition to a variety of pastries, ice cream. And also suitable for creating mouth-watering sandwiches. The traditional recipe differs in that it does not require the addition of other fruits and berries, so the taste of cloudberries is not interrupted, and this is a great opportunity to taste it.
- 1 kg of sugar;
- 1 kg of cloudberries;
- 1 tbsp. water.
- The fruits of the northern plants to wash and sort. Combine sugar with water and send to the stove. As soon as the syrup boils, add the prepared berries, cook for 30 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Remove mass from the stove and grind it through a sieve to remove bones and skins.
- Rub the mass again on a slow fire and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Hot jam will not be very thick. It must be poured into sterilized containers, corked and shipped to a cool place. After some time, the delicacy will harden and acquire the necessary texture.
How to make cloudberry jam with lemon
Many believe that the combination of lemon and cloudberry is one of the best, so the sweetness of this recipe is definitely worth a try. This amber jam will delight lovers of sweet and sour tastes. It will be an excellent substitute for sweets and other sweets for tea. In addition, it is one of the most accessible sources of vitamins throughout the year, so it will be a great help in the fight against any cold.
- 1 kg of cloudberries;
- 1 kg of sugar;
- 2 pcs. lemon.
- Grind washed berries with a sieve.
- Grate lemon zest and squeeze juice.
- Combine all prepared ingredients in a heavy-bottomed skillet and, adding sugar, send to the stove, turning on slow fire.
- After boiling, the jam should be boiled down, minimizing the fire. The contents of the container should barely boil.
- Hold up until it thickens, stirring constantly, to avoid jam. With this amount of components, this process will take about 45 minutes.
- Pour the ready sweetness on the banks and cork.
How to make cloudberry jam with lime
This delicious variant of cloudberry jam can be enjoyed not only in its pure form, but also used as a filling in the preparation of pies, buns and other various confectionery products. The nutritional value of lime and cloudberries in this recipe is negligible, but the amount of vitamins and minerals is quite impressive.
- 3 kg of cloudberries;
- 2 pcs. lime;
- 2.5 kg of sugar;
- 0.5 liters of water.
- Crush berries to a puree, using a blender, and then grind through a sieve.
- Fresh lime free from zest and squeeze the juice.
- Combine prepared cloudberries with 2 kg of sugar, water, lime zest and put on the stove. After boiling, boil for 15 minutes over low heat, stirring all the time.
- After some time, add the remaining amount of sugar, lime juice and keep another 10 minutes.
- Fill the jars with hot dessert, pre-sterilize them, and carefully seal them up.
Cloudberry Jam Storage Rules
Cloudberry jam occupies a leading position among the other spins for the winter in taste and utility, so you need to thoroughly know not only the recipe for making sweets, but also how to save it until winter. Store ready delicacy you need in dark, dry rooms with a temperature of 10-15 degrees. Since at high temperatures, the billet becomes cloudy, and at low temperatures, it will sugared.
The shelf life of cloudberry dessert varies from 12 to 18 months. A cellar or basement is perfect for such a product, but in the absence of such a room, you can use a pantry or, in extreme cases, a refrigerator.Important! It is not recommended to keep the treat in the fridge for more than a year, and you should not put the jar in the freezer; such temperatures can spoil the product.
Cloudberry jam is a tasty and nutritious delicacy that will appeal to both adults and children. Having mastered all the recommendations for recipes, you can get maximum pleasure from eating dessert, enjoying its rich sweet taste and aroma.