Strawberry is probably one of the earliest berries that appear on our summer cottages. After eating the first fragrant berries, many rush to close at least a few jars of strawberry jam for the winter. There are quite a few recipes for this delicacy. In this article we will explain how to make this jam with gelatin.
The benefits of jam with gelatin
Strawberry jam with gelatin is not the classic recipe that we used to cook. By its consistency, such a jam is more like a jam. But it is this feature that gives it several advantages:
- Gelatin jam is not so liquid, so it can be successfully used as a filling for various pastries. In addition, it can be spread on bread or pancakes and not be afraid that it will burn from their surface;
- Banks with such a delicacy can be stored for a long time and they do not tend to explode;
- Strawberry jam made with gelatin looks very unusual and beautiful.
Traditional recipe for strawberry jam with gelatin
In order to prepare a strawberry delicacy for this recipe you need to prepare:
- kilogram of fresh strawberries;
- kilogram of sugar;
- half a lemon;
- teaspoon gelatin.
Before you start cooking, you must carefully select all the strawberries. They should not have any traces of rot. When all the berries are enumerated, it is necessary to remove the leaves and stalks from them. Particularly large strawberries after removing all the leaves should be cut into two halves.
Tip! Prepared berries must be weighed again. Indeed, in the selection process, spoiled berries from the original kilogram can remain significantly less.
In this case, you must either reduce the amount of sugar, or report more berries.
All selected berries lay in a clean deep dishes. An enamel pan is best for this. Sugar is sprinkled on top of the berries. In this form, the strawberries are left for 24 hours. During this time, under the action of sugar strawberries should give all the juice.
When the specified time expires, you can start cooking. The whole process can be divided into three stages:
- At the first stage, strawberries are boiled for 5 minutes over medium heat. At the same time, they must be constantly stirred with a wooden spatula. She also needs to remove the foam, which will be formed during the cooking process. Cooked berries should be left for 6 hours at room temperature. After that, they need to grind in a blender or rub through a sieve. Then cook again for 10 minutes and cool for 6 hours.
- At the second stage, our almost finished strawberry delicacy, you need to boil it again within 10 minutes. But before that, you should add lemon juice, squeezed from half a lemon and pre-dissolved gelatin in water. Ready jam should be thoroughly mixed and leave to cool.
- While the ready-made jam is cooled, it is necessary to prepare the container for it. To do this, take clean jars and sterilized in any convenient way. If the banks are sterilized over steam, then they must be thoroughly dried, putting the neck down. When the strawberry jam has cooled enough, it should be poured into prepared jars and tightly close the lids.
This frozen delicacy is very difficult to put in banks. Therefore, as soon as it cools it must be immediately closed.
The strawberry delicacy closed in banks should be stored in a cool place.
Strawberry jam with lemon
Strawberry jam prepared according to this recipe perfectly combines the sweet taste of strawberries with a slight lemon acidity. It is perfect not only for spreading on fresh bread, but also as a filling for pancakes.
To brew it you will need:
- 400 grams of fresh strawberries;
- 100 grams of sugar;
- 2 lemons;
- 40 grams of gelatin.
As in the past, the recipe must carefully sort through all the berries, removing the spoiled. Then they should be well washed and dried. Only after that you can begin to remove the leaves and peduncles.
The further process of making strawberry delicacy according to this recipe can be divided into the following steps:
- First, all the berries must be combined with sugar and whipped with a blender. If not, then you can grind all the berries through a sieve, add sugar to them and whisk thoroughly. The result should be a homogeneous mass, resembling puree;
- Lemons should be thoroughly washed and grated on a fine grated zest of half of one lemon. After that, you have to squeeze out all the lemons. The resulting lemon zest and juice should be added to the berry puree;
- Gelatin should be added last. After adding it, the future jam must be whipped again with a blender or a whisk;
- At this stage, the berry puree, mixed with all the ingredients, is poured into the pan. It must be boiled and cooked over medium heat for 2 to 5 minutes. It is very important not to forget to constantly interfere with the jam, and the berry puree can be burnt;
- Ready and cooled strawberry delicacy should be poured into sterilized jars and tightly closed with a lid.
These recipes will allow not only to put into operation the remnants of the harvest, but also to save a bit of summer heat for the winter.