Orange plum jam with aromatic, with a memorable sour-sweet taste. It will appeal to anyone who loves plums and homemade pieces of them. How to cook plum-orange jam, you can learn from this article.
Rules for making plum jam with oranges
It is not difficult to make jam from plums for young housewives who are just beginning to engage in canning, because this process is not difficult, and preparation for it does not take much time. Starting to prepare plum jam with orange, you need to remember the following:
- Jam with stones can be prepared from medium and small-sized plums, which are ideal for this purpose. Important! Fruits must be ripe, but not overripe, that is, dense, so that they can keep their shape.
- For seedless jams, it is better to take fully ripe and juicy fruits, it is possible and overripe.
- Their value can be any: suitable as small, medium and large. In the latter case, the fruit will need to be cut into pieces.
- You need to make sure that the raw materials are not spoiled, rotted or wormy. They can not be used for making jam.
- Plum fruit suitable for processing does not require special preparation: you need to remove the tails, wash the plums in cold water and remove the bones, if provided for in the recipe.
- If you want to make jam from whole plums, then you need to pierce each of them, so that the skin on the fruit does not crack and they absorb sugar better.
- If the finished product turned out to be too liquid, in order to thicken it, you need to drain the syrup and boil it separately, and then pour it over the plums and boil it.
You can store plum jam in a cool cellar or in a fridge, so you can close the jars with tin or thick plastic lids.
The classic recipe for jam from plums with orange
To make classic plum jam, you need to take:
- 1 kg of fruits and sugar (or more, but you need to adhere to the recommended ratio);
- 1-2 oranges (medium to large).
You can cook it with bones or without them.
- In the first case, after the preparation, put the plums in a pan, cover with sugar, and then leave until the juice appears.
- Put the fruit on the fire and cook for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Set aside until cooled to a comfortable temperature.
- Boil again for the same amount of time, add orange juice, let cool and boil again.
- Close in sterilized jars and after complete cooling, transfer to a cold cellar, where they will be stored throughout the winter.
Cut the plums in half and remove from the middle of the bone. If the halves of the plums were large, they can be cut again or two across.
If you properly prepare the jam, then the syrup and pieces of plums in it will be similar in consistency to jelly. Such a structure is considered the most acceptable.
Honey jam from plums and oranges for the winter
For this jam, yellow or light-colored plums, which need to take 1 kg, are best suited.
The rest of the ingredients included in this preparation:
- orange fruit juice in a volume of 0.75 l;
- 0.5 kg of honey of any kind, but the best is also light in color.
- Cut the plums with a sharp knife along, remove the bones and, if desired, cut each lobe again across.
- Boil juice, put plums in it and boil them for about 15 minutes.
- 5 minutes before the readiness to put honey.
- Remove the dishes from the heat and immediately roll up the plum jam in pre-prepared jars.
How to cook plum jam with oranges in the oven
To cook such a jam in a gas or electric oven is very convenient and fast. It will take shallow and rather wide dishes in which fruit will be boiled.
Components for harvesting will need to take such:
- 1 kg of plums;
- 0.5 kg of sugar;
- 1 large ripe orange orange.
Cook in the following sequence:
- Wash plum fruits, remove bones from them and cut into even quarters.
- Put them in enameled dishes, gently pouring sugar.
- Grind the orange in a blender with the skin.
- Gruel add to chopped plums, mix everything.
- Preheat oven to at least 180 ° C.
- Soak the plums in it for at least 2 hours, stirring them with a spoon during this time at least 2-3 times (more is possible). Tip! You can check the readiness of plum jam if you drop it on a plate or saucer.
- If it retains its shape and does not spread over the surface, then you can finish cooking: remove the pan from the oven, pour the mass into the steamed jars and roll them up.
- Cooling is natural.
Plums in orange syrup for the winter
To make plum-orange jam with this recipe you will need:
- 1 kg of plums (white or blue);
- 0,75-1 kg of sugar;
- orange juice - 1 cup;
- 1 lemon - at will.
- Fruits free from seeds, put in a low saucepan, pour sugar sand, add a little warm water so that it dissolves faster.
- Leave half a day so that the juice can stand out from them.
- Drain the plum juice in another dish, put on a low heat and bring to a boil.
- Pour it over the drain and put it on until it is completely cooled.
- Drain the syrup, add orange juice, bring to a boil and pour boiling liquid over the plums.
- Cool, boil the third time drained liquid, add lemon juice, and then cook the fruit for 5-10 minutes.
- Distribute to the steamed banks, and after cooling in room conditions, take them to the cellar for storage.
Recipe for Caucasian plum jam with oranges, nuts and spices
- 1 kg of plums;
- 0.5 kg of sugar;
- 1 large orange or 2 small;
- seasonings (cloves and star anise - 2 pcs., cinnamon stick);
- 200 grams of nuts.
- Fruits with bones removed from them and interspersed with sugar should be put for several hours so that they can give juice.
- After that, put them on the fire, add chopped nuts and cook, as described in previous recipes.
- After the third boil, pour in the orange juice and spices and cook a little longer than the usual recipe.
- Ready jam is still hot packaged in steamed banks and cork them.
- After cooling, move to a cold and dry cellar or refrigerator, where the blanks can be stored for a long winter.
How to cook plum jam with oranges and bananas
Components that are needed for making jam according to this original recipe:
- blue plum fruit - 1 kg;
- orange 1-2 pcs .;
- sugar - from 0.75 to 1 kg;
- 2 bananas;
- 1 lemon (optional).
Prepare plums, as usual, that is, rinse, remove the bones.
Put them in a saucepan, pour sugar and wait until the juice stands out.
Boil first 10 minutes, then add a slurry of bananas and orange fruits and cook another 10 minutes.
The prepared product is decomposed into jars sterilized over steam and immediately corked.
Leave to cool and transfer later to the cellar or place in the refrigerator.
Delicious jam from plums, oranges and lemons
For this jam, plums are suitable both light and dark.
It will take 1 kg of berries, from which you need to remove the bones, sugar in the same volume and 1-2 lemons and oranges.
A method of making a classic (add lemon to the last brew).
Amber jam from yellow plums and orangesAttention! It is necessary to cook this jam only from a yellow plum in order to make it a beautiful amber color.
Ingredients: 1 kg of fruits and sugar, 1 large orange.
- Grind the plums in a meat grinder, like an orange (separately), until smooth, cover it with sugar and put on the stove to heat up.
- When it boils, cook for 5 minutes, add orange gruel to the mass and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Puree hot spread on heated banks and roll up.
Storage of blanks - in a cold cellar or in a domestic refrigerator.
Three in one, or a recipe for jam from plums, apples and oranges
The combination of 3 in 1 is always a win-win: after all, the mixture of sweet plums, sour-sweet apples and fragrant citrus fruits will appeal to the majority.
It will take: all fruits and sugar in equal quantities (1 kg each), 1 large ripe and juicy orange.
Here's how to cook plum and apple jam:
- Remove all bones, apples and oranges from peeled and washed plums from skins and cut into small pieces.
- Mix 3 ingredients in a saucepan and pour sugar in layers.
- After 2-3 hours, when a little juice stands out, put the boil. Cooking time - 15 minutes.
- Then ready-made plum jam should be spread on the banks of a suitable size and roll up.
Storage - in the basement, cellar or in the domestic refrigerator.
Plum-orange jam with cinnamon
You can make the preparation of this recipe, adhering to the previous recipe, that is, use the same ingredients, except apples. Instead, put cinnamon sticks in the plum-orange jam to give it a peculiar flavor.
Delicate plum jam with orange zest
You can cook it according to the classic recipe, but instead of orange juice you can put in the mass only ground peel for smell and taste.
Use 1-2 citrus, based on personal preferences.
Terms and conditions of storage of plum jam
Plum jam jam in combination with orange juice or zest should be stored in a cold place, preferably dark. For this ideal cellars and basements, which are available in almost all private areas.
In urban conditions, you will have to keep the plums in the refrigerator or in the pantry. Shelf life - a maximum of 2-3 years.
Orange plum jam is no worse than any other jam made from these fruits. It’s really easy to cook, just select any recipe you like and stick to it.