Feed the pears in the spring on time and appropriate fertilizers - the main task of the gardener. Blooming, formation of ovaries and their subsequent development depend on the procedure. Summer dressing contributes to fruit pouring, and autumn will strengthen the tree before winter trials. It is important to use fertilizers in the norm, while the lack will only affect the crop, and the excess sometimes ruins the tree.
Why do you need pear dressing in spring
Pear trees are fed systematically, but fertilizer that was introduced in spring in a timely manner is especially important for plants. They ensure the activation of growth and development of the crown, the buildup of new shoots, the quality and quantity of fruits not only in the current year, but also for future collections. According to the generally accepted algorithm by gardeners, in the beginning of the development of culture in the spring, three supplements are carried out:
- swelling of the kidneys;
- at the time of blooming buds;
- at the beginning of the creation of the ovaries.
The composition of all preparations for fertilizer in the spring includes nitrogen:
- assimilating the nutrients from the first feeding, pear gives them a significant part of the crown and foliage, the growth of new shoots;
- fertilizers after the second feeding stimulate the number of flowers that form, forming the volume of the crop;
- An important third tree support is nitrogen-containing fertilizers that prevent the ovaries from falling off and give the pear an opportunity to nourish growing fruits.
Complex preparations, where there is potassium and phosphorus in the composition, will contribute to the proper formation of fruits in June. These elements decompose for a long time, and their inclusion in pear fertilizer in the spring is timely, although they are used by the tree only in summer. Sometimes gardeners take only nitrogenous substances for the first two dressings - ammonium nitrate or carbamide. But for the last fertilizer in the spring, drugs with different components are used more often, remembering that the tree will have to feed the resultant fruits.
Varieties of fertilizers for pears
There is a rule: in spring pear give two thirds of the total volume of dressings for the warm season. Along with mineral agents, widely used common organic fertilizers are widely used: bird droppings, mullein or waste products of other herbivores. The remaining volume is used in the summer.
Often gardeners bring organic matter under the pear from the very beginning of spring. Over time, humus or compost decomposes and feeds wood with the substances it needs during this period, especially nitrogen. Chicken manure, which is not only a source of nitrogen, but also rich in various other elements, is also popular in the spring as a third feeding. Organic herbal infusion stimulates the growing season, which is also introduced as the last fertilizer in spring. In the process of fermentation, mullein or bird droppings are added to the green mass.
Organic matter, compost, well-rotten humus, or even packed manure are often used in the fall to mulch a tree around a pear that is carried out before the onset of cold weather. In the spring, after digging, substances feed the roots of the tree. Humus or bird droppings make a pear in 2-3 years.
Important! When applying in the spring of organic and mineral fertilizers pear necessarily plentifully watered.
There are many convenient complex preparations for the garden from the leading companies in this industry - Fertica, Super Master, Actiwin, Plantafol, where the entire composition is balanced and scientifically calculated. Such fertilizers include not only three macroelements, nitrogen, potassium and phosphorus, but also many trace elements necessary for plants: manganese, magnesium, boron, copper, iron and others. More popular are the usual tools that are produced by the domestic industry:
Different fertilizers are applied in spring according to the type of soil. Therefore, it is better to buy mineral products in local stores, where they are imported in accordance with demand and demand.
In spring, pears are fed with ammonium nitrate or carbamide, in which another name is common - urea. In the summer for fertilizers take boron compounds, potassium salt, potassium monophosphate, superphosphate, magnesium sulfate and others. It is recommended during this period to conduct foliar dressing.
How to fertilize a pear in the spring
After the snow has melted, root dressing can already be done in the garden. The main condition for successful fertilization in spring or summer is loose and wet soil. Only adult trees or last year's seedlings are fed. The young plant of the autumn planting does not need any additional feedings, for the entire warm season there is enough of those substances that are placed in the pit.
Fertilizers when planting pears
For such a powerful and high-yielding tree, like a pear, it is recommended to prepare a landing pit in advance. If a pear in the southern regions is planted in the fall, the foundation pit is dug in spring or early summer. For planting pears in the middle lane and in a more severe climate, spring is usually chosen, but the pit for the tree is prepared in October. Placing the seedling on fertile soils, fertilizers also lay. As one of the options, the nutrients are not placed in the hole, but enrich the future area of the tree trunk during preliminary digging.Attention! Pears do not grow well on peatlands. On such soils a bulk hole is prepared and a substrate rich in minerals and humus is laid.
The photophilous plant is placed on a spacious place, avoiding windy and low-lying areas. The pear successfully develops on fertile loams. On other soils, a special planting substrate is introduced into the pit, if necessary, in clay, a drainage layer is arranged. The holes for pears are dug spacious, with a diameter of up to 70-100 cm, a depth of up to 70-90 cm. The composition of the planting substrate for pears varies depending on the soil:
- on soils rich in humus, use an incomplete bucket of compost or rotted humus, 2 tbsp. l superphosphate and 1 tbsp. l potassium sulfate;
- a hole in poor soil is filled with a mixture of 3 buckets of humus, 2 buckets of sand or a bucket of clay, guided by what component prevails in the soil, and also increases part of the fertilizer - up to 10 tbsp. l superphosphate and 2-3 tbsp. l potassium sulfate;
- on acidic and heavy clay soils, first half a year before planting pears in the spring on the site, make a solution of 400 g of dolomite flour on a bucket of water, pouring the specified amount per 1 square meter. m;
- after 10-30 days, laying a hole, mix the substrate in the proportion of 1 liter of humus per 1 liter of garden soil.
What fertilizer to make before pear blossom
In early spring, they are dispensed with nitrogenous substances of their choice:
- With a solution in a bucket of water, 200 g of urea are watered by 2 adult trees, and an apple tree is also possible;
- on the same number of plants is diluted in 10 l full, with a slide, 1 tbsp. l ammonium nitrate;
- 200 g of chicken manure insist 20-24 hours in 5 liters of water to fertilize one pear.
Infusions for dressing poured into the grooves around the perimeter of the circle of the trunk or on the soil, with the obligatory preliminary or subsequent watering. Fertilizers are sprinkled in the spring and dry, digging and watering the ground. If there is constant rainfall, do without irrigation.
The beginning of spring, before bud break, is a convenient time for the use of ferrous sulfate for pears. Spraying the tree will protect against pests and diseases, as well as replenish iron reserves for the plant.
If this item is missing:
- leaves turn yellow or discolour;
- annual growth is small;
- the tops of the shoots are dry;
- the fruits become smaller every year;
- pear early drops the leaves.
In March, from 100 to 500 g of ferrous sulfate is diluted in a bucket of water. And if a tree is treated by leaves, only 10-50 g, because greens are possible.
How to feed a pear during flowering
When the buds blossom, the pear is fed with the same substances as the first time. You can repeat the identical nitrogen fertilizer or take another from the above list. The solution is also distributed along the grooves, then having carried out abundant watering. Granules insist not for long, making sure that the mixture does not stand over 10-12 hours.
How to feed a pear for growth after flowering
The third dressing in the spring in the phase of ovary formation is carried out with the help of any complex fertilizers that are recommended by the sales network for garden fruit crops. This may be the usual drugs consisting of three elements - phosphorus, potassium and nitrogen. Or modern developments with various additional minerals.
For example, the rate of nitroammofoski per 1 adult tree is up to 150 g. For fertilizer, 50 g of the product is diluted in a bucket of water. To fertilize one pear in the spring, at least 30 liters of infusion is required. In addition, pristvolny circle watered. Other complexes for fertilizing in the spring are used, carefully studying the instructions for the preparation.
Now is the right time to create a green manure from young, succulent grass and grown weeds:
- capacity half or more filled with beveled greens;
- add 1 tbsp. l urea or humate according to the instructions - as a source of nitrogen, which will accelerate fermentation;
- pour water and cover;
- after 10-14 days, with the appearance of a persistent unpleasant smell of ammonia, the grass is removed with forks, using mulch in the garden or in the garden;
- the liquid is diluted with water 1:10 and watered 2-3 buckets under the pear, into the grooves with a depth of 8-10 cm, which are then instilled.
Rules for feeding pears
Mineral and organic fertilizers will benefit if they are correctly used in spring and summer:
- for planting do not take nitrogen preparations;
- root dressings are made by digging the trunk around a circle to a depth of 10 cm;
- use strictly recommended doses of drugs without increasing;
- it is advisable not to mix more than two mono-fertilizers yourself, if necessary, it is better to buy balanced complexes.
After root and even foliar feeding the pear is watered.Tip! Abundant watering of the pear after autumn feeding will warn the rhizome from freezing.
Foliar fertilization of pears in summer
In June, then after 20 days, in July, pears are sprayed with fertilizers for good ripening of fruits. Extra root top dressings act faster than those introduced into the ground. Substances are immediately absorbed by the leaves and enter the vessels of the tree:
- in the second or third decade of June, the tree is sprayed with a solution of urea, as in the spring, to support it with the growth of fruits;
- until July 10-15, fertilizing is carried out with a solution of 5 g of potassium sulfate in 1 l of water after 2 weeks with a solution of superphosphate (30g / l), according to the instructions;
- Spring and summer is the time for foliar feeding of pear with magnesium with 200 g of magnesium sulphate dissolved in a bucket of water.
Every gardener lover has his own little secrets of how, when and how to feed pears:
- for feeding pears in August, they are added by 1 square meter. m around the perimeter of the circle of the trunk of 1 tbsp. l potassium sulfate superphosphate and sulphate, which is also called potassium sulphate;
- in order to prevent calcium deficiency, 150 grams of wood ash per 1 sq. m;
- in the gardens they actively use EM drugs: humates, Baikal EM-1 and the like;
- in early spring, before budding, trees are treated with a solution of 20 g of boric acid in a bucket of water to preserve future ovaries;
- young non-bearing trees are fed in the spring with nitrogen preparations, and in the autumn with phosphorus-potassium complexes.
To feed pears in spring, summer and autumn means to create a strong basis for a bountiful harvest. Means with nitrogen will help the tree to develop, potassium and phosphorus - to form beautiful and useful fruits. The timely introduction of the recommended doses of fertilizers will support the tree and will not adversely affect the nutritional properties of the fruit.