Squash with Bulgarian pepper is a popular type of homemade billet. Especially tasty is caviar with the addition of not only pepper, but also carrots, tomatoes, garlic, onions. More original recipes include the use of mushrooms and apples as ingredients.
How to cook caviar
To get tasty and healthy homemade preparations, you need to adhere to the following rules:
- Choose to cook containers of steel or cast iron (cauldron, frying pan). In dishes with thick walls ensures uniform heating of vegetables during cooking. And this serves as a guarantee of good taste.
- To prevent the vegetables from burning, the eggs are constantly stirred. You need to cook over low heat.
- With the help of a multicooker or oven, the process of cooking caviar is greatly simplified.
- It is recommended to use young zucchini, which has not formed a thick peel and seeds. If mature vegetables are used, they must first be cleaned.
- Bulgarian pepper and carrots make the dish more sweet.
- Tomatoes can be replaced by tomato paste.
- To improve the taste of the dish can be due to onions, garlic, seasonings.
- Vinegar or lemon juice will help increase storage time. If the dish is prepared for the winter, the banks are pre-prepared, which are sterilized by heat treatment.
- Caviar is a low-calorie dish, so it can be consumed during the diet.
- It is not recommended to eat squash caviar in the presence of kidney stones and stomach problems.
- Due to the presence of fiber, zucchini dishes improve the digestive process.
- Caviar is considered a hearty dish because it contains proteins, fats and carbohydrates.
- Squash caviar is used as a side dish or constituent of sandwiches.
- Preparations of zucchini differ long shelf life.
Recipe with peppers, tomatoes and carrots
The easiest recipe for caviar with bell pepper contains the following steps:
- Squashes in the amount of 3 kg cut into pieces up to 1.5 cm in size.
- The resulting cuts are placed in a saucepan, which is set on medium heat. In the capacity add half a glass of water. Courgettes leave to stew for 15 minutes under the lid closed.
- Three carrots and three onions are first peeled, then diced.
- Vegetables are fried in a frying pan until a golden hue appears on them, then they are added to zucchini.
- Five pieces of bell peppers are cut into two pieces, eliminating the seeds, then cut into strips.
- Tomatoes (enough 6 pieces) are cut into four parts.
- Tomatoes and peppers are added to the saucepan with zucchini. The mixture is extinguished without a lid for 15 minutes.
- The next step is to prepare the seasoning. To do this, chop two cloves of garlic. As a spice, black ground pepper is used (half a teaspoon), one tablespoonful of sugar and salt. These components are added to the vegetable mixture with zucchini.
- If you want to get a uniform consistency, then the caviar is passed through a blender.
- Caviar rolls in banks for the winter.
Squash in Ural style in a slow cooker
An appetizer of this type is prepared according to the following sequence:
- One and a half kilograms of zucchini cut into cubes.
- One kilogram of tomatoes is cut into eight pieces. Two onions and two Bulgarian peppers are cut into rings.
- Zucchini and tomatoes are placed in a slow cooker, vegetables are poured with pepper and onion on top.
- Multicooker turn on the mode "Quenching" for 50 minutes.
- Half an hour after the start of quenching, add 5 heads of young garlic, previously crushed.
- When there are 5 minutes left until the end of the program, spawn need to be salted, add hot pepper (if desired), a few peas of black pepper.
- After the end of the work of the multicooker, the vegetable mixture is laid out in cans and covered with lids. Pre-containers and lids need to be sterilized.
Caviar with pepper and carrot in a slow cooker
Tasty caviar can be prepared according to a simple recipe using a multicooker:
- Two onions peeled and peeled and placed in a slow cooker, included in the "Baking".
- Two medium carrots rubbed on a grater, then added to a container with onions.
- Then, in the resulting vegetable mixture, add two Bulgarian peppers and 1.5 kg of zucchini, pre-cut into cubes.
- The "baking" mode lasts for 40 minutes, after which the "Quenching" mode is turned on for an hour.
- Adding one pod of chili pepper will help to make caviar more spicy.
- 20 minutes before the completion of the multicooker, you can add tomato paste (2 tablespoons) and two crushed garlic cloves.
- If you need a homogeneous consistency, then the eggs are crushed in a blender.
- The finished dish is served at the table.
- If you want to get winter blanks, add 2 tbsp. l 9% vinegar.
Caviar with pepper and mushrooms
Unusual to taste caviar can be made from zucchini with pepper and mushrooms:
- Several squash and one large carrot rubbed on a grater.
- Three onion heads cut into rings, also cut a pound of champignons.
- Five small tomatoes are placed in boiling water for a couple of minutes, then peeled. Pulp is cut or scrolled through a meat grinder.
- Add sunflower oil to a deep frying pan and heat the container. Then the mushrooms are dipped into the frying pan and heated until the liquid is evaporated. Then you can add a little oil and fry the mushrooms until crusted.
- Mushrooms are removed in a separate dish, then fry the onion for 5 minutes.
- Carrots are added to the skillet with onions and salt is added. Vegetables are cooked on low heat under a closed lid.
- After five minutes, zucchini, pepper and tomatoes are added to the pan. Caviar stew for about 20 minutes if young squash are used. It takes more than an hour to make overripe vegetables.
- When half of the deadline has passed, mushrooms are added to the spawn. You can improve the taste of the people due to chopped herbs (dill or parsley).
- Adjust the taste of caviar will help sugar, salt, garlic. A sharper dish is obtained after the use of hot peppers.
- Ready caviar is served at the table. If it is necessary to receive preparations for the winter, banks are pre-prepared.
Caviar in the oven
Baking vegetables in the oven speeds up the process of cooking caviar:
- Four carrots and three zucchini peeled and rubbed on a grater.
- Bulgarian pepper (3 pieces), hot pepper (half of a medium vegetable is enough), tomatoes (6 pieces), onions (3 heads), garlic (1 head) are finely chopped.
- Vegetables prepared in this way are placed in a deep cast iron container. Add vegetable oil and salt to the mixture, then mix it.
- The dishes are covered with a lid and sent to the oven, where they put the temperature at 200 degrees.
- After half an hour, the temperature of the oven should be slightly reduced.
- Caviar is cooked for an hour, after which the billet is prepared for the winter.
Caviar with pepper and apples
By adding apples, squash caviar acquires a unique taste:
- Three kilograms of tomatoes and a pound of apples are cut into several pieces. The apples are removed seed box.
- Sweet red pepper (0.7 kg) and a similar amount of carrots are cut into small pieces.
- Three large zucchini cut into cubes.
- Prepared vegetables and apples are rotated through a meat grinder, where the finest grate is installed.
- The mixture is spread in a deep container without a lid and left on low heat to extinguish. To obtain a thick consistency, a wide container is used, because in it vegetables lose moisture more intensively.
- 0.4 kg of salad onion chopped into medium-sized slices and fried in a frying pan.
- An hour after the start of stewing, onions can be added to the calf.
- After half an hour, the caviar will be ready for use or rolled up in cans for the winter.
Calf up its sleeve
A simple recipe for squash caviar using a roasting sleeve will allow you to get a tasty snack to any table:
- One red sweet pepper is cut, freed from the stem and seeds.
- About 0.8 kg of zucchini and three large tomatoes are cut into slices.
- Similarly, cut two carrots and three onions.
- The baking sleeve is tied on one side, then one spoon of olive oil is poured into it and spread over the entire sleeve.
- Prepared vegetables are placed in a sleeve, 2 tbsp are added. l oil, salt and a little ground black pepper.
- The sleeve must be tied up and shaken a bit so that the vegetables and seasoning are distributed evenly.
- The prepared sleeve is placed in a deep mold and several punctures are made to allow steam to escape.
- Capacity put in the oven at 180 degrees.
- An hour later, the container reach and tear the sleeve.
- Vegetables need to cool and crank through a meat grinder.
- The resulting vegetable mixture is cooked on medium heat for half an hour.
- In the finished product add 30 ml of 9% vinegar and preserve.
The process of cooking squash caviar includes the preparation of vegetables, their successive roasting or stewing. Various additional components (bell pepper, carrots, tomatoes, apples, mushrooms) help to improve the taste of caviar. To simplify the procedure of cooking, it is recommended to use the oven or the slow cooker.