Sea buckthorn jelly is a drink that, to the taste and benefits brought, is not inferior to desserts made from other home-grown fruits or berries. It is very simple to prepare it; no special knowledge or skills are required. You can take both fresh and frozen berries, add to it other ingredients that only give the finished product a peculiar taste. A few recipes by which you can quickly cook sea buckthorn jelly are presented in this article.
General rules for cooking sea buckthorn jelly
Kissel from starch with sea buckthorn is always cooked by the same rules.
- Prepare the raw material, that is, sort it out, remove all unsuitable for processing berries (too small, with specks of rot, traces of various diseases or dryish, in which there is little juice) and washed under running water.
- Crush the berries to a puree state and separate the juice from the cake, passing it through a colander or coarse sieve.
- Separately prepare the syrup.
- Combine all together and boil for some time.
- Only then add starch.
This drink does not look very good, and drinking it is unpleasant. To avoid this, you need to dilute the starch in a small amount of water and pour it into the preparing jelly gradually.
Ready hot drink to leave for thickening, after which it is ready for use. You can drink it in any form: both hot and warm or cold.
The classic recipe for sea buckthorn jelly
For this option, only ripe berries are chosen, preferably freshly picked. They are put in a colander, washed under running water, left for a few minutes to all the liquid glass.
For the preparation of sea buckthorn jelly according to the classic recipe will need
- 2 liters of water;
- 0.5 kg of berries;
- 1.5 Art. Sahara;
- 2-3 art. l dry potato starch.
Preparation of the drink according to the classical technology takes place in the following sequence:
- The washed sea buckthorn is ground into a puree, put it in a saucepan (enameled, but not aluminum), poured with cold or warm water and put on the stove.
- When the mixture boils, sugar is added to it according to the recipe and stirred.
- Starch powder is diluted in a small volume of cold water, sea buckthorn is removed from the heat and liquid is immediately poured into it with starch dissolved in it.
- Everything is stirred and set to cool.
Kissel is ready.
A simple recipe for sea buckthorn jelly syrup
For its preparation will also need a minimum of ingredients. The difference in the preparation of jelly according to this recipe from the classical one is that first the syrup is prepared from water and granulated sugar, and only then sea buckthorn juice is added to it.
- To obtain it, the berries are washed, crushed in a meat grinder and squeezed juice from the resulting gruel. Important! The ratio of syrup and sea buckthorn juice is about 1: 3.
- A mixture of juice and sweet syrup is put on the stove and boiled.
- Then it is removed from it, allowed to cool slightly and pour starch water into it (for 1 l - 1-2 tbsp. Of starch), gently stir.
- The finished drink is set to cool to a warm state, in which it is served at the table.
Frozen sea buckthorn jelly: recipe with photos
It can be cooked not only from freshly picked berries, but also from frozen ones, which can be gathered in your garden plot, purchased in a store or on the market from private sellers and put in storage in a freezer.
The advantage of this method is that the drink can be prepared not only during the season, when you can pick berries from the bush, but also, for example, in winter, when you cannot get fresh sea buckthorn.
Ingredients to be used for cooking:
- 1 tbsp. berries;
- 1 l of water;
- 150-200 g of sugar;
- 2-3 art. l starch.
- The berries are removed from the refrigerator and allowed to thaw at room temperature. To make it happen faster, they are poured with hot water, which is drained after a few minutes.
- Sea buckthorn is ground by crush, put in a sieve and passed through it, squeezing the juice into a separate container.
- Boil the water, pour the pressed juice into it and pour the sugar.
- As soon as the liquid boils, it is removed from the fire.
- In hot jelly from frozen sea buckthorn, starch diluted in a small amount of water is added and left to thicken.
Sea buckthorn kissel with cornstarch
You can cook sea buckthorn jelly not only on water, but also on milk.
- To do this, you first need to cook sea buckthorn juice (or just grind the washed berries in mush) and boil it.
- Pour fresh cow's milk into a separate non-aluminum dish, put it on the stove and leave to boil there.
- As soon as this happens, pour hot sea buckthorn juice and cornstarch into it, which has previously been diluted with a small amount of cold milk.
- Mix well and leave to cool.
- Thick warm kissel, poured into cups, serve.
- the ratio of milk and sea buckthorn juice is 3: 1;
- you need to take into account that corn starch for this amount will need 2 times more than potato, that is, about 4 tbsp. l on 1 l kissel thick consistency.
Oatmeal kissel with sea buckthorn
This thick and rather nutritious drink can be regarded as in some sense a light dish that is suitable for breakfast or dinner. Ingredients that are needed for its preparation:
- 1 tbsp. oatmeal;
- 2 tbsp. liquids;
- 100 g of ripe sea buckthorn berries;
- 2 tbsp. l sugar sand.
How to cook?
- Oatmeal pour boiling water and leave to insist that they are well swollen.
- Pour berries into them, fresh or thawed.
- Grind the mixture thoroughly in a blender, skip the slurry through a sieve.
- Pour the liquid fraction into the pan, boil it, add sugar and boil it for no more than 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, allow to cool slightly.
- Pour into cups and serve.
How does the sea buckthorn kissel, prepared according to this recipe, can be seen in the photo.
Oatmeal kissel with sea buckthorn and oranges
This recipe for sea buckthorn jelly is basically similar to the previous one, with the only difference being that it contains another component - orange juice.
Ingredients to be purchased:
- 1 tbsp. oat flakes;
- 2 tbsp. water;
- berries of fresh or pre-frozen sea buckthorn;
- 1 large orange or 2 small;
- 2 tbsp. l sugar (or to taste).
You need to prepare this drink in the same sequence as plain oatmeal kissel, but add orange juice to the ingredients listed above (squeeze it out of the fruit by hand or using a juicer). Pour the hot kissel into cups or special shapes designed for this and leave them to thicken.
The old recipe for oatmeal kissel with sea buckthorn and honey
The dessert of sea buckthorn berries prepared according to this recipe is tasty, nourishing, vitamin and moderately sweet.
To brew it you need:
- oat flakes in the amount of 1 tbsp .;
- 3 tbsp. water;
- sea buckthorn berries - 100 g;
- 2 tbsp. l starch;
- honey to taste
Honey you can take any one you like.
The sequence of cooking according to the old recipe:
- Flakes pour boiling water, cover the pan tightly and put to insist.
- In the still warm mixture, add the sea buckthorn gruel, put everything in a blender and simultaneously grind it.
- Transfer the mixture to a sieve and wipe the entire mass.
- Cake to throw out, and put the juice on medium heat and bring to a boil.
- Remove it from the stove, pour in starchy water, stir slowly, leave to cool.
- In the still warm jelly add honey and stir.
Assorted, or how to cook sea buckthorn jelly with the addition of berries and fruits
You can cook sea buckthorn jelly not only from these berries alone. It is beneficial to add other garden or wild berries or fruits to it, to make it taste different from the usual. For example, apples, cranberries and cranberries are well combined with sea buckthorn. How to prepare this drink, further in the article.
Sea buckthorn and cranberry jelly
This is a very tasty sweet and sour drink, for which berries of sea buckthorn and cranberry will be needed in equal amounts, that is, 100 g each of these for 1 l of water. Sugar and starch will also need to be taken in equal proportions, that is, 2 tbsp. l In this case, a medium thick fluid will be obtained.Attention! If you take more starch, the pudding will turn out to be thicker, if less, the drink will be less dense.
Prepare jelly so:
- The berries, clean and dried, are ground in a mortar with a pulp or scrolled in an electric blender, squeezed out of the resulting mass of juice to dryness.
- Pour boiling water over it and boil it for 2-3 minutes, not more.
- Sugar and starchy water are poured into the hot kissel, stirring gently with a spoon to achieve a uniform consistency.
- After a short natural cooling under room conditions, poured into cups or cups.
Now you can drink it.
Sea buckthorn jelly with apple juice
This recipe involves a combination of sea buckthorn and all your favorite apples. The taste of the finished product turns out sweet or sour-sweet, depending on the apple variety and ripeness of sea buckthorn.
The ratio of products should be the same, that is, 1 part of the berries will need to take the same amount of fruit.
Prepare jelly so:
- Sea buckthorn and apples are washed, minced in a meat grinder or in a blender separately.
- Squeeze the juice from the apple puree, pour the sea buckthorn with boiling water, boil for about 2-3 minutes, pour in the juice from the apples, boil again a little, and then immediately remove from the heat.
- Pre-diluted starch is added to the hot liquid, everything is mixed to a uniform consistency, poured into cups and left to thicken.
Kissel from frozen lingonberries and sea buckthorn
The recipe for frozen sea buckthorn jelly and lingonberry is simple.
- Need to take 1 tbsp. two kinds of berries, crush them in a mortar, strain through a large sieve.
- Pressed juice mixed with warm water in a ratio of 1: 3, boil, pour sugar into boiling solution and boil everything for no more than 5 minutes.
- In a hot liquid pour potato starch (2 tablespoons. Dilute in a small amount of cool water).
- Mix the mass and divide it into cups or specially selected molds.
Sea buckthorn jelly with icing sugar and mint
Such kissel is prepared according to the classic recipe, but instead of adding sugar traditionally used at the preparation stage, powdered sugar is used, which is sweetened with already prepared thick jelly.
Another difference is that for flavoring when cooking in a liquid add a few leaves of mint. From this drink becomes more fragrant.
The benefits of sea buckthorn jelly
Sea buckthorn is not for nothing known as a multivitamin berry: there are many of these essential substances for human life. It also contains mineral salts, organic acids. For sea buckthorn, bactericidal, anti-inflammatory, immunostimulating, antitumor, tonic, antioxidant properties are noticed. This is the benefit of sea buckthorn jelly for adults and children. For kids, it will also be useful as one of the best sources of vitamin compounds and minerals necessary for their normal development.Important! The benefits of sea-buckthorn jelly are especially pronounced when used systematically and constantly, and not from time to time.
Calorie buckthorn jelly
The nutritional value of this drink depends on how much sugar and starch was added to it. Naturally, the sweet and thick jelly will be more saturated than the liquid and slightly sweetened. On average, its calorific value is about 200-220 kcal, whereas for fresh sea buckthorn this indicator is at the level of 45 kcal.
Contraindications to the use of sea buckthorn jelly
Speaking about the benefits of sea buckthorn jelly, it is impossible not to say about its harm, more precisely, about the limitations in its use.
It is not recommended to drink to adults with a tendency to allergies, intolerance to any substances in the composition of the products, as well as give it to young children until they reach 3 years of age.
Sea buckthorn jelly is contraindicated in gastritis and other gastrointestinal diseases, such as urolithiasis, cholecystitis, pancreatitis due to acids that irritate diseased organs.
In all other cases, drinking it is not prohibited, but this does not mean that you can get involved in it beyond measure, because excessive attachment to it is also harmful.
Sea buckthorn jelly is a simple but interesting drink that any hostess, both experienced and beginner, can easily make at home. All you need is sea buckthorn, sugar, honey, water, starch, a little free time and the desire to cook a delicious and healthy dessert for the whole family. Sea buckthorn jelly is cooked very quickly, so you can cook it at any time convenient for yourself and at any time of the year: in summer or winter, spring or autumn.