Dutch potato varieties Mozart belongs to table varieties. Excellent proven when grown in the North-West, North Caucasus, Central Black Earth, Central and Volga-Vyatka regions of Russia, Ukraine and Belarus.
Mozart shrubs grow in various heights (from medium to high) and are formed by upright or semi-upright stems. Reddish flowers with a violet shade look quite large. Leaves usually have an average size.
The term of ripening of root crops is 80-110 days. In one bush, 12-15 potatoes weighing 100-145 g are formed. The peel of Mozart fruit is red, and the flesh is yellow (as in the photo). According to the summer residents, the potatoes do not boil well, have a pleasant taste and are well suited for preparing various dishes. Starch in the roots of potato Mozart is in the range of 14-17%. This variety is well kept for a long time (92% storage).
Advantages and disadvantages
Potato varieties Mozart is popular among summer residents and farmers thanks to simple agricultural practices and many other advantages:
- excellent taste;
- medium tuber formation;
- excellent product quality;
- resistance to drought and heat;
- tubers tolerate long-term transportation due to high resistance to damage;
- insensitive to potato cancer, scab and golden nematode.
The lack of Mozart variety - low resistance to late blight.
Once warm weather sets in, you can start planting Mozart potatoes. To collect a high yield, carry out several activities:
- A plot prepared for potato beds was prepared in the fall. Carefully removed weeds, the remnants of vegetable crops. A thin layer of compost is covered with soil and irrigated with EM preparations (Baikal-EM-1, Radiance, Renaissance), which improve the soil structure, heals the soil, destroys the bacteria, increases the mineral nutrition of plants and the quality of Mozart fruits. After that, the soil is loosened. Such compost "dusting" of the soil for about two weeks accelerates the ripening of the crop.
- For planting, the tubers are carefully sorted: only large, whole and healthy ones are selected. In order to speed up the germination of potatoes, seed is placed in a warm, lighted place until powerful sprouts appear. Avoid sprouting long shoots, otherwise they simply break off when planted. Planting material Mozart potatoes are sprayed with disinfectants (Prestige fungicide) and growth stimulants (Poteytin, Epin, Bioglobin).
If a small area is planted, the wells can be made with a shovel. The common planting pattern is 70-80 cm between the rows, 30-35 cm between the holes, and in order to maximally speed up the germination of Mozart variety sowing material, wood ash is put into each well, mixed with humus.
Only timely and proper care for planting potatoes will be the key to a good and high-quality harvest.
The land around the potato bushes should always be soft so that air can reach the roots. The first time the beds are loosened at 5-6 days after planting the Mozart potato tubers. And repeat the process as needed - as soon as a dry crust forms on the surface of the soil.
The frequency of irrigation is determined by the climatic features of the region. If cool rainy weather is established, then there is no need to further moisten the soil. In dry weather, slight wilting of the tops is a signal of a lack of moisture. In order to saturate the ground with high quality and provide water for planting Mozart varieties, it is recommended to pour out about 45-50 liters of water per square meter of land area.Tip! To get water to the roots, it is recommended to make special grooves along the rows.
In regions with hot, dry summers, it makes sense to organize a system of drip irrigation of potatoes.
Doing irrigation plants better in the morning.
Hilling and feeding
The selection and planting of seed material are important steps in the cultivation of Mozart potato varieties. But to get a high yield, you need to pay attention to the beds during the whole season.
Experienced gardeners recommend twice-tucking the Mozart potato beds during the season. The first time the bushes are treated when the stems grow to a height of about 20 cm. Repeat this procedure when the potato tops become a height of 35-40 cm.
If necessary, hilling is done more often. After all, this event significantly affects the yield of Mozart variety. Thanks to hilling, the earth is loosened and the roots get air. Earthen ridges allow you to start additional tubers. Loosening the soil prevents it from drying out quickly, and weeds are removed at the same time.Tip! Potato bushes Mozart is desirable to spud in cool, windless weather after rain.
If you have a high temperature, it is better to allocate the morning time for the procedure and pre-moisten the potato beds.
How to apply fertilizer
Potatoes variety Mozart belongs to mid-late, so it is especially in need of feeding during the period of green mass growth and tying of tubers. The most effective way to apply a local method of fertilizer. Thus, the nutrients will go directly to the root system.
In order not to be mistaken with the application of fertilizers and get a good fruitful result, it is recommended to feed potatoes Mozart three times a season:
- During active growing season, a mixture of humus (15 cups) and urea (10 tsp) is used. This composition is sufficient for processing a ten-meter potato row.
- To stimulate the formation of buds and flowering varieties Mozart used a combined composition: 30 tbsp. l of wood ash mixed with 10 hours l of potassium sulfate. The dose is calculated on a bed 10 m long.
- To form tubers more actively, a solution of mineral fertilizers is used: dilute 2 tbsp of water in 10 liters of water. l of superphosphate and potassium sulfate and 1 tbsp. l nitrofoski. Half a liter of fertilizer is poured under each bush.
It is not recommended to use organic matter during the flowering of potato varieties Mozart, as this causes increased growth of weeds.
Diseases and pests
The development of disease in potatoes Mozart is caused by fungi and bacteria. The most common are:
Signs of disease
Late blight affects the leaves of Mozart variety. Appears after flowering bushes
Favorable conditions are cool rainy days. The first symptoms are dark brown spots on the lower leaves. Gradually rots the whole bush
The main way to fight - preventive measures. Crop rotation rules are observed, tomatoes are not planted next to each other. Spraying of Mozart potato bushes with chemicals — a solution of a mixture of copper sulfate and Bordeaux mixture — is effective.
Black leg - a bacterial disease
The lower part of the stem is painted black. Favorable conditions - cool, wet weather. Rotting tops and tubers
Sick bushes are removed with roots. Prevention: seed before planting warms and germinates. Tubers of Mozart variety are also dried before storage.
The Colorado potato beetle eats away the leafy mass of bushes. The main harm is caused by the larvae
Adult insects overwinter in the soil and appear when the air warms up to + 12-18˚С
Insects are harvested by hand. Also used spraying potato beds with chemical preparations: Tsimbush, Dilor, Volaton
Approximately 15-20 days after flowering, it is recommended to tilt the stems at a height of 10-15 cm from the ground. In order not to stop photosynthesis, and the plant does not wither, Mozart potato stalks do not break completely. This technique can significantly increase the yield of potatoes. Since plant substances will not be fully supplied to the top of the bush, but “return” to the roots. But this method can only be applied to healthy plants.
As soon as the lower leaves of the tops turn yellow, you can mow it. After 7-10 days begin to dig potatoes. Crop is not removed immediately for storage. In dry weather, the tubers are left on the field for drying. If the weather is wet or rainy, then Mozart potatoes are best laid out under the shelter. The harvest is necessarily sorted. Separately selected tubers for future planting. Do not leave damaged, sluggish or sick potatoes for the winter.
For storage of the harvest fit wooden containers that are ventilated. Drawers are installed in a dark, dry, cool room.
ReviewsSergei Pimenov, Nizhny Novgorod. I have been planting Mozart for several seasons. I like the taste and appearance of potatoes. Excellent and long stored. Attracts that blight does not damage the potato tubers Mozart.
Svetlana Novikova, Belgorod, I raise it myself and distribute it to my friends for a landing. Beautiful tubers are not damaged during transportation and are well kept all winter. Potato varieties Mozart has a pleasant taste and is suitable for first courses, side dishes and salads.