The garden will shine with new colors if you plant a bright clematis blossoming in it. Dr. Ruppel. Knowing the secrets of cultivating exquisite vines, they choose the landing site correctly, in a corner protected from the heat of the sun, and are regularly fed. Clematis also requires shelter for the winter.
Clematis Dr. Ruppel strikes with amazing large, 15-20 cm, flowers with a cheerful coloring of two shades of pink: with a more saturated stripe along the center of the petal and a light border. The color intensity varies depending on the location of the flower: it is lighter in the sun, brighter in the penumbra. Gamma consists of pink, lavender tones, rolling in the center of the petal to fuchsia. Eight large petals, slightly wavy along the edge, surround the middle part with long light beige stamens. They admire flowers twice: at the end of May and in August, at the beginning of September. Spring blooming vines more powerful: the flowers are often semi-double.
Clematis roots extend up to 1 m to the sides and deeper, give a lot of shoots. Creepers moderately growing, rise to 2-2.5 m, in good conditions on fertile soil - up to 3 m. During the season shoots develop from 1 to 2 m in length and up to 1 m in width. On the vines there are tendrils, with which it clings to any support: a wall, a tree trunk, a lattice. Flowers are formed on last year's shoots. Unpretentious Clematis Dr. Ruppel 2 groups of pruning are easily grown and beginners in gardening.
Before acquiring clematis, it is necessary to study in detail the conditions of its cultivation.
Choosing a place and time for landing
The optimal time for planting Dr. Ruppel varieties is autumn. Seedlings with a closed root system move in the spring or summer. Clematis cannot be planted in the sun, the whole plant suffers from this, and especially the decorativeness of the vines is lost. Flowers fade in the sun, quickly fade away, the color of the petals becomes dull. On the southern side, large-flowered creepers are placed only in the northern regions, planted in tubs.
- The optimum exposure for clematis is east, southeast, west, and southwest;
- Liana loves half-shaded corners where there are no strong gusts of wind or draft;
- The sun should light the plant 5-6 hours a day, but not during the midday heat;
- In the southern regions, clematis do not feel very comfortable, but with sufficient watering and pristvolnom circle protected from drying, they develop and bloom in partial shade;
- Clematis do not like stagnant water, including rain flow.
Selection of seedlings
Experienced gardeners prefer to buy flowering clematis with a closed root system. If the seedling roots open, when you buy it carefully inspected.
- The loquate form, up to 20-30 cm in volume, will provide the best survival rate;
- Seedling shoots up to 40 cm, strong, without scratches on the bark.
Large-flowered clematis prefer moist, loose, drained soils with a neutral acidity reaction. Fertile loams retain their moisture best of all. Heavy, saline and acidic soils optimize and make up the missing components when laying the clematis hole, up to replacing the soil.
How is landing
Clematis well size Dr. Ruppel depends on the soil: up to 70 cm in diameter on heavy, 50 cm in light. The depth corresponds to the width of the fossa. Pebbles, ceramics, expanded clay are put down, 5-8 kg of sand are added. The top layer of garden soil is mixed with 10 kg of humus, 7-8 kg of peat, 100-150 g of dolomite flour and wood ash, 50-80 g of superphosphate or any complex flower fertilizer. It is better to install and support simultaneously with the digging of the fossa, in order not to injure the root system of the plant later.
- In the well poured a bucket of solution of mullein (1: 5);
- Clematis roots gently fold or place a seedling from a pot into a hole on a prepared substrate, without destroying a clod of soil;
- The seedling is covered with earth above 5-7 cm of the level that was in the pot to create new buds.
Clematis varieties Dr. Ruppel requires minimal care.
The plant is fertilized 4 times per season, after a fortnight. In the first year of young liana enough fertilizer from the hole.
- Clematis Dr. Ruppel in the spring, after cutting, is fertilized with a solution of 10 l of water with 50-80 g of ammonium nitrate or 40 g of urea. Pour 10 l of a adult plant, half - under the young;
- The same composition is repeated in the budding phase;
- At the end of July, clematis is fed with complex fertilizer according to the instructions or with mullein.
Loosening and mulching
The soil is loosened, weeds are removed. To preserve moisture, the stem of clematis Dr. Ruppel mulch mulch with humus, straw, peat or grass. Summer pilots and low ground covers are also planted to protect the roots of the moisture-loving vine against overheating.
Large-flowered Clematis of the variety Dr. Ruppel is watered once a week. In the heat the frequency of watering vines doubled. For one plant requires 10-30 liters of water.
Clematis should be pruned in the middle lane.
- Clearing Clamatis Dr. Ruppel after winter, pruned shoots a few centimeters, remove damaged vines, the rest are tied to a support;
- After the first wave of flowering, the vines are pruned to the first buds, giving the opportunity to create new shoots that bloom in late summer;
- The seedling in the first year pruned low above the ground.
Shelter for the winter
After pruning, the seedling is covered with straw, spruce branches, on top with sacking, agrotextile. Adults Clematis creepers of the Doctor Ruppel variety are lightly cut, 20-50 cm, removed from the support, carefully folded and laid on a bed of straw, dry grass, and remnants of large plants. For the shelter of the bush using the same material.
Fight against diseases and pests
Removing shelter in the spring, clematis protects against fungal diseases, especially from wilting, which affects plants on acidic and heavy soils. Spill 1 bush solution: 10 liters of water 200 g of dolomite flour or lime. Liana are sprayed with a solution of 5 g of urea in 10 liters of water. Having noticed the withering, the affected shoot is removed, 10 l of a solution of 5 g of Trihofoflor biofungicide is poured under the plant. The root is not sick, the vines are transplanted in the fall, adding “Trihofoflor” or “Trichodermin” to the well.
In early spring, the plant is treated with 1% solution of copper sulphate. From aphids on clematis apply an infusion of soap or insecticides.
Clematis varieties Dr. Ruppel propagated by cuttings, layering and dividing the bush.
- The roots of the plant are carefully divided by a shovel and transfer part of the bush to a new hole;
- For branches, a vine is added in the spring, leaving the tip above the soil, often watered. The shoots are transplanted in the fall or next spring;
- The cuttings are cut from a healthy shoot so that each has 1 node. Put in a solution of growth stimulant, shorten the leaves by half and planted in the substrate. Rooted cuttings after 16-25 days, transplanted in a year.
Application in landscape design
Decorative flowers and the whole plant clematis varieties Dr. Ruppel used to decorate buildings and fences. Liana is planted for vertical gardening arbors, porch, trunk of an old tree. Plants look spectacular next to the bushes of climbing roses or ipomoea. At the bottom of the vines place annuals, hosts, cuff, geyheru.
Angelina, 23, ShakhtyMy parents put Dr. Ruppel when I finished school. Now clematis blooms a huge carpet, competing with roses. The cuts of the vines were allowed one after the other, so it turned out to be a great effect. Diana, 25 years old, the city of Yelan Acquired a seedling Dr. Ruppel 3 years ago. Growing in a tub on the loggia. For the winter, clematis is transferred to a closed, insulated balcony, where the temperature below zero does not fall. Every spring, the vines are changing the ground. Lyudmila Ivanovna, 63, Voronezh, Clematis Dr. Ruppel luxurious bloom. My vine has been growing for 5 years. Never hurt anything. Every spring and summer I feed the plant with a mineral complex and purchased humus, sprinkle the base with ash.
The grade well proved in the conditions of an average climatic strip. Plant care is simple. Choosing the right place for a blossoming vine, you can admire its beauty for years.