Radish Dabel F1 is one of the earliest ripening hybrids of Dutch origin. Description, reviews and photos of the variety testify to its high consumer characteristics, thanks to which radish has gained wide popularity.
Radish variety Dabel F1 was registered by Dutch breeders in 2006. Dutch varieties have long been famous for their high quality indicators:
- early ripening;
- record yield;
- resistance to diseases and pests;
- excellent taste characteristics.
Radish Dabel F1 is characterized by neat compact rosettes of leaves, under which large bright red roots are formed. Terms of their maturation are only 18-23 days. If the planting scheme is followed, the roots are leveled, dense, without any voids. Even perestaivanie on the vine does not provoke a hollow plant. Crispy juicy pulp is characterized by medium sharpness. The variety is perfect for growing in greenhouses and open field.
Important! One of its advantages is the continuation of development even at lower temperatures, so that it matures much faster than other varieties.
The advantages and disadvantages of the variety
The advantages of Radish Dabel F1 over other varieties and minor drawbacks are presented in the table.
The merits of the variety
Early maturation - up to 23 days
High seed value
Large fruits - up to 30-35 g
Long periods of low temperatures inhibit the growth of root crops and provoke marksmanship.
Lack of hollowness even when overriding
Friendly ripening of the harvest
Lack of shooting even in summer landings
Long-term storage capacity
High yield - more than 7.5 kg / sq. m
Radish Dabel F1 in open beds can be grown throughout the season - from March almost until the end of autumn. The last sowing is carried out in October. In the greenhouse the same variety can be cultivated even in the winter months. Shoots begin to germinate already at +3 degrees. Radish seeds are recommended to be calibrated before planting. After calibration:
- put the seeds in a cloth moistened with water, and placed for a day in a warm place;
- after processing, the seeds are lightly dried and sown in the soil prepared from autumn.
Radish responds well to fertile sandy soils with low acidity. The knowledge of some features of cultivation in different conditions will help to get a healthy and rich harvest:
- regular loosening of landings contributes to increased planting productivity;
- radish beds need to get enough sunlight, with shading more intensive development reaches the tops to the detriment of the root vegetables;
- optimal for the development of radish is a temperature indicator of + 18 degrees;
- its useful predecessors are carrots and onions, it is undesirable to plant it after crucifers.
Open ground technology
For spring planting on open beds, they are prepared from autumn:
- they dig up a plot with the addition of compost and mineral compounds - potassium and phosphorus salts;
- in early spring, beds should be slightly loosened, cleared of weeds and even the surface;
- In the same period nitrogen-containing fertilizers are applied.
The first crops in early spring give the largest root crops due to the high humidity of the air and the ground against the background of a short period of light. Radish, planted in June, may partially shoot out because of the long and hot summer day. The formation of small tops allows you to seal planting, using approximate schemes when sowing:
- 5x5 cm;
- 6x5 cm;
- 6x6 cm
The optimal embedment depth for seeds is 2.5 cm. In the case of industrial planting, use seeders with a program of precise seeding. On small suburban areas, you can sow radishes in scattering.Important! Provide friendly shoots will help shelter agrofibre.
Growing rules for greenhouses
In winter, Radish Dabel F1 is successfully grown in glass greenhouses. Sowing of seeds is carried out in the period from September to February according to the scheme 6Х5 or 6Х6. The beds are covered with foil to keep them warm. Care rules are simple:
- at a humidity of 70% until the emergence of seedlings inside the greenhouse, the temperature is maintained within 25 degrees;
- after seed germination within 3-4 days the temperature will be 5-6 degrees optimal;
- from the deployment of cotyledons to the first true leaves - from 8 to 10 degrees;
- during the formation of root crops - from 12-14 in cloudy weather and up to 16-18 on sunny days.
The temperature of the soil while maintained within 10-12 degrees. The greenhouse is regularly ventilated. Before the formation of root crops, watering should be rare, but then they should become regular. Then the radish will be juicy and large.
Radish Dabel F1 grows equally well both in greenhouses and in open beds. However, the violation of agrotechnics his cultivation can lead to certain problems. They are more convenient to present in the table.
The most frequent problems
Poor root development
Lack of watering for a long time
Too thick landings
Lack of batteries
Too thick tops in the absence of root crops
Nitrogen fertilizer dose exceeded
The day is too long
Late sowing time
Cracking root crops
Protection against diseases and pests
Radish Dabel F1 is quite resistant to typical diseases of the culture. As the best preventive measure against them stands the correct crop rotation.
Diseases / pests
Ways to protect
The leaves turn yellow and then fall off.
Spraying bordeaux mixture
Downy mildew - a fungal disease
Yellow and brown spots on the leaves
Treatment with fungicides, Bordeaux mixture
Fungal disease blackleg
Yellowing and deformation of the leaves, blackening of the base of the stem
Disinfecting seeds, growing healthy seedlings
Leaves form large, burnt holes, and plants die.
Processing of wood ash, tobacco dust, insecticides
Radish Dabel F1 - the early ripe hybrid grade which gained popularity with high consumer properties and simple rules of leaving.