For more than two decades, synthetic biological products based on natural toxins have been successfully used in agriculture. One of them is the Strobi fungicide. Instructions for use characterizes it as a universal remedy in the fight against fungal microflora.
The active substance of the drug is based on strobilurins, derivatives of betametoxyacrylic acid, isolated from the family of common mushrooms. The mechanism of their action is to suppress the mitochondrial respiration of pathogen cells by blocking ATP synthesis and is most pronounced in the early stages of infection, preventing the growth of the mycelium and further sporulation.
Strobe can be used to protect:
- fruit trees;
- ornamental and berry bushes;
- vegetable crops;
- different types of flowers.
The effectiveness of the drug due to the ability of strobilurins to interact with the surface layer of leaves and other parts of the plant and penetrate into their internal tissues. The Strobi fungicide not only suppresses the action of fungal pathogens, but also prevents the formation of secondary spores, which is very important for diseases such as scab.
Strobilurin-based fungicides do not accumulate in the soil and water bodies, since they are rapidly destroyed. For example, when determining residual amounts of Strobe in apples, its content was very small, and in cereals it was not detected at all. Strobi has low toxicity for living organisms, which is its main advantage and, at the same time, disadvantage. Mushrooms quickly mutate and become resistant to the action of the drug. Resistance to the drug is marked, for example:
- powdery mildew of cereals and cucumber;
- gray rot in greenhouses on vegetables.
The first preparations obtained on the basis of strobilurins appeared in the mid-90s and since then sales have only increased. Among the analogues Strobe can be distinguished Trichodermin, Topsin M, Prestige and others. The commercial form of the drug Strobe, as evidenced by the instructions for use, is presented in the form of granules, packaged in small bags weighing 2 g each. In online stores you can find 10 and 200 g packages. Convenient packaging and reasonable prices make the product affordable for a wide range of consumers. The shelf life of the drug is 5 years from the time of manufacture. The granules are perfectly soluble in water and do not clog the sprayer.
The greatest activity of the working solution appears immediately after preparation, which should be considered when using it. The amount of substance used depends on:
- on the type of crop being processed;
- approximate area to be sprayed.
Instructions for use and reviews of gardeners and gardeners testify to the undoubted advantages of the Strobi fungicide:
- it can be used during the flowering period;
- due to its ability to be evenly distributed over the surface of the leaf blade, Strobe effectively acts even with partial impact;
- spraying the drug can be carried out on wet leaves, at temperatures ranging from +1 degree;
- the protective effect is valid for a long time - up to 6 weeks;
- for processing enough small amounts of the drug;
- due to rapid hydrolysis, do not accumulate in the fruit;
- do not have a negative chronic effect;
- decomposing rapidly, do not have a polluting effect on the environment.
Strobe has a wide range of action and can be used against:
- different forms of spotting;
- late blight;
- powdery mildew;
- varieties of rot;
- gray mold.
The preparation Strobe, as indicated in the instructions for use for grapes, is one of the safest fungicides. It effectively treats the vine, already affected by a pathogenic fungus, inhibiting the growth of mycelium and further sporulation. Due to this, the disease does not cover large areas of the vineyard. In parallel, protection against the possible effects of other pathogens is provided.
Instructions for use advises to spray during the growing season, but not more than 2 times for the entire season and no later than a month before the grapes are harvested. The spraying solution is prepared from a ratio of 2 g of substance to 6 liters of water.
In order for the plant treatment product to give the best effect, some recommendations should be taken into account:
- morning and evening are the most optimal for treatments;
- although the drug is of low toxicity, chemical protective equipment should be used during work;
- after spraying, work clothes should be kept in a soap solution;
- for processing it is better to choose a windless day;
- after spraying for three days work in the garden is not recommended;
- frequent use of Strobe can lead to the development of pathogen resistance to the drug;
- each spraying with Strob must be preceded by a treatment procedure with another fungicide that is not included in this class of chemical compounds;
- The treatment must concern not only the parts of the plant - leaves, trunks, fruits, but also the root zone.
The practice of long-term use of Strobi and reviews allowed us to develop recommendations, the implementation of which will help prevent or reduce the emergence of resistance to these drugs:
- spraying should be carried out no later than a week after the rains, causing the defeat of a fungal disease;
- follow the rules of crop rotation;
- for planting use quality seed.
With the help of the drug Strobe flowers protect against diseases such as powdery mildew and rust. Spraying is carried out every 10 days with a solution containing 5 g of the substance per bucket of water. For garden roses, the Strobe treatment schedule is slightly shifted - they are sprayed once every two weeks, and also before being covered for the winter.Important! Rose bushes should be sprayed thoroughly, including the lap circle.
Flowers affected by fungal disease should be treated with a complex of fungicides, combining Strobe with other means, for example, with Topaz. It is also necessary, to prevent resistance, to alternate spraying with Strobe solutions with fungicides having a different mechanism of action. In the second year of Strobe treatment should be excluded.
For spraying vegetables, a solution is prepared at the rate of 2 g of the drug per 10 liters of water. Strobe effective:
- when powdery mildew or late blight appear in tomatoes;
- brown spot in carrots and peppers;
- peronospoza - in cucumbers, garlic and onions.
Instructions for use recommends that during the vegetative period spraying of cucumbers and other vegetables with the Strobi fungicide alternate with other drugs. The next year, change the place of planting vegetables. After the last processing of the season, the following must pass before harvesting cucumbers and tomatoes:
- on open beds - up to 10 days;
- in greenhouses from 2 to 5 days.
The main problem of fruit trees is the occurrence of scab and powdery mildew. The action of the drug Strobe against these pathologies is to inhibit the spore germination process. At the same time, other fungal diseases are prevented, for example, rot of a different type. When treating scab on apples and pears, there is such an interesting effect as leafy gardening.
According to the instructions, the Strobe fungicide solution is prepared in the usual proportion of 2 g per bucket of water. Spraying is carried out no more than three times during the vegetative season and in alternation with other drugs. From the day of the last treatment to the harvest, at least 25 days should pass.
The drug Strobe has long been popular among summer residents and gardeners. This is evidenced by their positive feedback.Kruglova Maria, 49 years old, Nizhnekamsk. I love to grow flowers. On the flowerbed all season, different varieties of roses bloom. Last year, they were very much affected by powdery mildew. I thought that they would die. Rescued advice from a friend. Before the shelter for the winter, according to the instructions for use, treated with Strobi. In the spring, my roses were healthy.
Paslenov Victor, 70 years old, Tambov I am engaged in growing vegetables in a greenhouse. I have been using Strobe for a long time. He perfectly copes with late blight tomatoes. I act according to the instructions, alternating Strobe with other fungicides. Sometimes you have to do a few sprays. The main thing is to follow the instructions that come with the package.Grushevskaya Lyubov, 57 years old, Astrakhan, we have a small orchard. We applied Strobi fungicide to spray apple and pear trees. I liked the preparation very much - it acts quickly and with a good effect. Increases green foliage. It is important to adhere to the instructions - the number of sprays should not exceed 3 times per season.
Ogurtsov Gennady, 62, KurskVinograd requires attention and careful care. Without regular treatments, he will not give yields and will die. However, the drugs must be periodically changed, as the pathogenic microorganisms mutate, and they no longer react to it. Therefore, it is necessary to periodically change fungicides. Recently I use the drug Strobe. As noted in the instructions for use, as well as reviews of winegrowers, it is not only effective against many fungal diseases, but also safe for the environment.
If you strictly comply with all the requirements of the instructions for use of the Strobi fungicide, then both the safety of plants and their rich harvest will be ensured.