Young potatoes - one of the best summer delicacies. As is known, late varieties of potatoes are best suited for storage and consumption in winter. And in order to grow tasty, delicate and delicious young tubers, it is best to plant one of the early ripe potato varieties on the plot. Such potatoes will ripen in 45-50 days after planting - in June the summer resident will be able to break in the bushes and boil the tubers from his own garden bed. One of the most popular varieties in Russia with short periods of growing season is Zorachka potato. This culture is young, potatoes are zoned for a temperate climate, gives consistently high yields and pleases with a pleasant taste.
Reviews, photos, as well as a description of the Zorachka potato variety are given below. From this article you can learn about all the advantages of culture, to get acquainted with its shortcomings. For novice gardeners will be told about the technology of growing early potatoes.
The potato variety Zorachka is the brainchild of Belarusian breeders. This culture was entered into the State Register in 2013 and recommended for cultivation in the Central region of Russia, Belarus, Ukraine and Moldova. The most suitable climate for the variety is temperate, without a long drought and excessive heat.
Characteristics of potato varieties Zorachka:
- the period of ripening of young tubers is 45 days, 70-75 days should pass from the moment of planting to the technical full maturity;
- the appointment of table potatoes - Zorachka good in the form of young tubers, suitable for cooking and cooking salads;
- Bushes are compact, medium height - up to 60 cm maximum;
- shoots semi-upright, quite powerful;
- leaves of medium and large size, dark green, have a wavy edge;
- Corollas are medium in size, the flowers are tightly collected in them, the color of the inflorescences is light blue;
- Tubers in Zorachka are oval, their surface is smooth;
- the peel is colored dark yellow;
- pulp of a light yellow shade;
- there are few ocelli, the distance between them is large, they are shallow and shallow;
- the taste of Zorachka is good, saturated, not watery;
- Starch content in potatoes is low - 12-14%;
- the average mass of commercial tubers is 90-120 grams (large potatoes);
- about 9-10 commodity potatoes develop in each bush;
- keeping quality of the Zorachka variety is estimated at 96%, which is very good for the early ripe variety (tubers can be stored until the end of January at a temperature of 8-10 degrees);
- transportability is good, due to the low percentage of starch potatoes are rarely damaged;
- commodity quality is excellent - Zorachka is perfect for growing on an industrial scale in order to sell young tubers;
- the yield of the Belarusian potato variety is high - 35-70 tons per hectare (depending on the climate, soil composition and the number of irrigations);
- the variety is sufficiently resistant to external factors, but is relatively drought tolerant - Zorachk will have to be watered regularly;
- You can grow this potato on almost any soil, the only requirement is that the acidity of the soil should be neutral;
- Zorachka's potatoes have a good immunity to the golden nematode and cancer, there is a moderate resistance to late blight of the tubers and leaves, and only the Y-virus variety is afraid.
Attention! You should not grow an early ripe variety of Zorachka for the purpose of subsequent storage, this potato is ideal for fresh consumption, in the form of young tubers.
Advantages and disadvantages
The description of the Zorachka variety shows that the positive characteristics of this potato are much more than the disadvantages. The reviews of domestic gardeners and summer residents speak about the same thing - Zorachka has proven itself in the vegetable gardens of the country and, despite its “young age”, the variety is already very popular.
Potato Zorachka has such advantages:
- early ripening - already on the 45th day after planting, the first bushes can be broken through;
- high yields - the figures of 40-50 tons per hectare are quite enough even for farms and large industrial scales;
- the variety is unpretentious to the climate and soil composition;
- care of this potato requires the most simple (watering, fertilizer, processing);
- the taste of Zorachka, as for the early variety, is very good, full-bodied;
- tubers are well tolerated transportation, not afraid of mechanical damage;
- if desired, the harvest of Zorachka can be stored - for 4-5 months in the basement this potato will fully survive;
- the appearance and quality of the varieties are good.
There are no major flaws in Belarusian potatoes. Some agrarians leave negative feedback on the Zorachka variety only because it has to be watered often and, accordingly, regularly loosen the soil between the rows.
In practice, it turns out that it is enough to mulch potato beds - then the moisture will evaporate less and loosen the ground.
Zorachka is an unpretentious potato variety, quite suitable for beginning gardeners and inexperienced gardeners. Planting early ripe potatoes is recommended in early May, when the earth warms to a depth of 7-10 degrees.Attention! Before planting any potatoes need to germinate.
The tactics of sprouting potato tubers each owner has their own. Experienced farmers recommend using this scheme:
- Starting in the fall, prepare seed potatoes and separate them from the rest of the tubers. To do this, select the most dense and large bushes, podkapyvayutsya, the tubers are left for ventilation.
- For planting choose only healthy and intact potatoes. The optimal size of planting tubers - with a chicken egg.
- For several days, the tubers should be ventilated and dried, for which they are placed in a cool place in the fresh air (it is important to avoid direct sunlight on the potatoes).
- Planting tubers of Zorachka variety should be stored in the basement, but be sure to separate them from the rest of the crop.
Approximately two weeks before planting, planting potatoes are put in a warm place and laid out in one layer in wooden boxes. It is advisable to sprinkle the tubers with fresh sawdust and daily spray the sawdust with water. In a moist and warm environment, Zorachka potatoes sprout faster.Tip! The optimum temperature for sprouting potatoes is 18-20 degrees. Do not allow the sun to hit the tubers, so they can be covered with a cloth or paper.
Immediately before planting, the Zorachka variety tubers must be treated with fungicidal preparations, as the late blight immunity to this potato is weak.
To improve productivity, experienced gardeners advise to use the usual wood ash. First sprinkle the potatoes with water, then sprinkle with ashes and allow the tubers to dry completely.
It is advisable to prepare the site before planting Zorachka potatoes. By the way, potato beds should be in an open sunny place. It is good if earlier there were growing legumes, flax, perennial grasses, cabbage, carrots or cucumbers.
The site needs to be dug beforehand, scattering humus, compost or rotted chicken manure over the entire area. If the land on the plot has an increased acidity, in addition to fertilizers, lime or dolomite flour is also scattered.Important! Best of all, the Zorachka variety bears fruits on light loamy soils.
The planting pattern for Zorachka is recommended as follows:
- 35-40 cm between the bushes;
- 55-60 cm for row spacing;
- 7-10 cm - the depth of seeding tubers.
During planting, you can further fertilize the soil. In each well, you need to make a nutrient mixture, which should be prepared from such components:
- 150-200 grams of peat;
- tablespoon of wood ash;
- a teaspoon of superphosphate (better to take a double dose).
The finished mixture of all components is combined with the ground and the resulting composition is added one handful to the planting wells.
Care for Belarusian potatoes
It is easy to care for the Zorachka variety, because this potato is unpretentious. However, you must follow some rules and take into account the peculiarities of culture:
- It is necessary to begin watering only after the green bushes germinate. Moisten the soil should be regular, but not too plentiful. Before each watering land necessarily loosened.
- Variety Zorachka need spud. The first hilling is done when the bushes grow to 20 cm. A repeated procedure is needed 14-16 days after the first one.
- Zorachka is fertilized several times in a season: after germination of bushes, the ground is watered with a solution of urea and complex mineral fertilizer. Potassium and phosphorus are necessary (potassium sulphate should be mixed with wood ash) during the bud formation period. do not wet the leaves).
- If the prevention was carried out correctly, the Zorachka variety may not require treatment from infections and pests. If necessary, the bushes are sprayed with insecticides and fungicides, but this can be done only before the flowering of potatoes.
FeedbackIgor Nikolaevich, City I liked the photo and description of the Belarusian Zorachka potato - I will definitely try to plant it at my summer cottage next year. I believe that the early varieties of potatoes are ideal for the needs of the urban family, which simply has no place to store crops. As I understand it, the Zorachka tubers can be eaten young, and you can keep them for a while, waiting for technical maturity. My wife and I should have enough harvest of this potato before the New Year, and then we usually buy root vegetables in the supermarket as needed (as there is no place to store).
This article provides comprehensive information about Zorachka potato, its characteristics, taste, yield, here are all the strengths and weaknesses of the variety. Every farmer knows that the main guarantee of successful cultivation is the correctly chosen variety. So, it remains only to make a choice!