The fruits of some varieties of tomatoes are not at all like the traditional red tomatoes. However, the unusual view attracts the attention of many lovers of the unusual. Tomato variety Amethyst jewel makes an ambiguous impression. Judging by the reviews of summer residents, tomatoes have a pleasant taste with a slight sourness and juicy flesh, slightly oily in sensation.
Tomato Amethyst jewel (Amethyst Jewel) refers to the tomatoes of average maturity and was the result of the selection work of the American Brad Gates. Indeterminate bushes grow quite high (more than 180 cm) and require staving.
The fruits ripen round, oblate shape and gain weight of about 150-210 grams. The peel of ripe tomatoes Violet jewels are quite dense, not prone to cracking. Interestingly changes the color of the fruit as it ripens: tomatoes in technical ripeness have a light purple hue, and with the final ripening, the area near the cutting becomes black and gently dissolves in the bright color at the top.
In the section, tomatoes of the variety Amethyst jewel have a pinkish tone (as in the photo). Juicy fruits are organically combined with various vegetables in salads and are excellent for preservation. A slight shade of exotic fruit notes gives salads a piquant flavor.
Features of Tomato Grade Amethyst Jewel:
- can be grown in greenhouses and open field;
- bushes are sprawling, medium-leafy. In the open area, the stem does not grow above one and a half meters;
- in greenhouse conditions, a tomato variety Amethyst jewel begins to bear fruit 110-117 days after seed germination;
- 5-6 fruits are fastened in the hand;
- high yield;
- tomatoes are well stored and tolerate long-term transportation;
- prolonged fruiting. In the conditions of open ground, the fruits continue to ripen in September, and in greenhouse conditions even later.
Tomato varieties Amethyst jewel is characterized by resistance to many diseases. Some of the deficiencies of tomato can be considered its sensitivity to weather changes. The plant does not tolerate dry heat and low temperatures. For normal development of tomatoes and abundant fruiting, the average temperature should be + 25˚ С.
Therefore, in the open ground, this variety of tomatoes can be planted only in central Russia.
Manufacturers recommend sowing seeds for 60-67 days before planting seedlings in open ground. The grains of this variety are characterized by good and friendly germination.
- Soil mixture should be prepared in advance. The best option - the purchase of finished land in a specialty store. The grains of the Violet jewels are laid out in even rows on the wetted surface of the soil. Planting material sprinkled with a thin layer of soil or peat chips (not thicker than 5 mm). You can slightly moisten the entire surface of the soil from the watering can.
- To prevent drying out of the soil, the box is covered with plastic wrap or glass. While the seeds of the Violet jewel do not sprout, the container is kept in a warm place (temperature about 23˚ С).
- As soon as the first shoots appear, the covering sheet is removed. When the seedlings grow the first true leaves, the seedlings are carefully transplanted in separate cups / containers.
- For growing bushes with powerful stems it is recommended to put two seedlings in a glass. When the seedlings of the Violet jewel grow to a height of 13-15 cm, it is necessary to tie the stems with a nylon thread. In the process of growth, the stems grow together, and the tip of the weak seedling is pinched. As a result, one shrub is formed with a powerful strong stem.
After about a week and a half, you can start lowering the temperature. This technique will contribute to the proper development of the first brushes of the Violette jewel.
After two weeks you can continue lowering the temperature (in the daytime to + 19˚ С, and at night - to + 17˚ С). But do not rush things too much and drastically reduce degrees, as this can lead to a low formation of the first brush. For an indeterminate Amethyst jewel, it is necessary that the first floral brush be formed between 9 and 10 sheets. Otherwise, the yield may be significantly reduced.
When transporting seedlings it is necessary to exclude the possibility of drafts, sudden changes in temperature. Seedlings should be transported Amethyst jewels should be upright, covered with plastic wrap.
Soil after planting tomatoes slightly moisten. When placing tomatoes Violet jewel adhere to the interval of 51-56 cm between the individual bushes. For registration of the path between the beds is enough strip width of 70-80 cm.Tip! To make it easier to care for the bushes and easier to fix them, the holes are dug in a checkerboard pattern.
How to tie up high grades
A trellis is constructed over a bed with tomato varieties. Amethystic jewel is a construction that allows to tie up the stems of tomatoes as they grow. Usually, the upper crossbar is placed at a height of two meters. In greenhouse conditions, the stalks of the Violet treasure can grow above 2 m.
Important! In order not to cut a very long stalk of the Amethyst jewel, it is thrown over the crossbar (wire) and fixed at an angle of 45˚. If the plant continues to grow vigorously, then at the level of 50-60 cm from the ground its pinch pin.
Top dressing of tomatoes
Choosing the composition of fertilizers, it is necessary to take into account the composition of the soil, climatic conditions, variety of tomatoes. Tall tomato Amethyst jewel is recommended to feed in three stages.
- 10 days after planting, the seedlings are fed with ready-made nutrient mixes Humisol and Vermystil. Adherents of organic can use a solution of bird droppings (in 10 parts of water dilute 1 part of fertilizer). To avoid rapid drying of the soil, it is recommended that the soil be mulched (with cut grass, straw, peat powder). Mulch also slows the germination of weeds.
- Two weeks after the formation of the ovaries on the second hand, a top dressing consisting of a chicken manure solution with the addition of a tablespoon of Mortar and 3 grams of manganese and copper vitriol is added to the Violet jewel. For each plant requires 2 liters of combined fertilizer.
- At the beginning of the harvest, 2.5 liters of the combined composition applied during the second feeding are already brought under the bush.
After the formation of the first inflorescence in the axils of the leaves, lateral shoots begin to grow in tomatoes. If the bushes do not form, then all the food plants will be sent to increase the green mass.
In the indeterminate Amethyst jewel the process of the formation of lateral shoots does not stop. Therefore, in order to obtain a bountiful harvest, it is necessary to bushes tomato tomato regularly.
In the climatic conditions of central Russia, any shoots and ovaries of the Violet treasure, which were formed in August, will not have time to fully form and mature. Therefore, it is recommended to cut them. Also in early August, you should pinch all the points of growth of the bushes so that the plant does not spend food for further growth.Important! For a more early harvest, the Violet Jewel should be used for staining every week. The bush can be formed from one, two or three stems.
In conditions of central Russia, it is recommended to leave one or two stalks in a bush. If initially it is planned to form bushes from one stem, then seedlings can be placed more closely.
Unusual tomatoes Amethyst jewel exquisitely diversifies the summer diet. A simple care of the plants will allow even novice gardeners to grow this variety, and the original color of the fruit will become a real decoration of the dacha.